IGNORED

Remove old underseal first?

24OZ

The idea of the Hair Dryer is a good one, however, you will be there for EONS trying to warm up that undercoating with it. Even if you were to get the most powerful Hair Dryer, at best you'd be talking 1500 Watts. Get a HEAT GUN. Although "similar" to a hair dryer, trust me, a Heat Gun will totally scorch ALL your hair in the time a hair dryer would dry one brushful.

You can get these in the Paint section of most hardware stores. Tell the clerk that you want a Heat Gun to remove old paint finishes. You don't need to get the Butane or the Propane one, just the simple Electric one.

The one I have gets the surface hot enough that I can SOLDER with it, and will also SOFTEN BRAZE!

Then heat the undercoating, scrape, repeat.....

I bought a 1600 watt hair drier at Wal-Mart for $12 With it I can, by holding it still on one area of floorpan, heat that area to the point where it is so hot that I cannot touch it in a matter of 60 seconds.

Not trying to argue with Escanlon, but this was a MUCH cheaper alternative than the $50 heat gun that I priced at Home Depot and one which has worked (still works) well for me.

If you go the route of buying a heat gun, please be very careful with it's usage. You can inadvertantly destroy things as it gets VERY hot, VERY fast.

Originally posted by 24OZ

Dattoo, when do you get the digi cam back? I wanna see this pic :).. It will not only be amusing but also educational... ie.. what you should wear when working underneath your Z :)..

LOL.....got it back yesterday.

Now I'm gonna have to take this photo! :)