IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

5 hours ago, Consigli said:

Gorgeous restoration! Are you going to add a front stabilizer bar like this pic? What are your thoughts? 

sway bar.jpg

im still debating the strut bar. i do like this one https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z/front-strut-tower-brace-datsun-240z-260z-280z-0     https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z/z-front-tri-bar-add

THAT THING LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEET.........SWEATS! I'm sure Oregon has some nice two lanes to give the suspension a good warming up. When I see a project come together it really inspires me to continue pushing forward with mine. Yeah driving and looking at the AFR...........Probably not a good idea. I might have to commit suicide if you posted pictures of it wrinkled beyond repair. CAN YOU SAY ROAD TRIP? NICE JOB.......:victorious:

• 3 months later...

so, after 3 orders from amazon i finally got a FLAT sheet of phenolic resin (24" x 24" x 3/8" thick) that i used to make insulators between the carbs and manifold. i had percolation issues after driving the car and shutting it down.
anyhow, i measured the temperature of the manifold and the carb where they meet. the manifold was 145 and the carb was 104. it seems that the spacers are working.

i may get some more tuning done this week if the weather stays dry, but it will probably have to wait until spring

DSCN0469.JPG