IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

a little more progress. sealed all the holes in the doors. i used flextape  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzN6FM5x_E  very sticky stuff!

DSCN0319.JPG

another tire shot

DSCN0315.JPG

and the carpet installed. i need to buy a few small pieces to fill in under the seats and up the firewall, but overall, the kit i bought fit nicely. very little trimming, and plenty of over-lap. plastic trim and weatherstripping goes in this weekend. a question: do all the shifters sit so high? im thinking of cutting a couple of inches off

DSCN0321.JPG

DSCN0323.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty
  • Like 2

SWEATS I have a couple gear selectors from different gearboxes and there is some slight difference to length and geometry. If you are looking for a drastic difference there is a short throw kit that MSA sells and probably a few other vendors. I actually like the longer throw. I drove one with the short throw kit installed and didn't like the feel, it seemed a little vague on the selection maybe because I was used to something else. When will the video be posted of it HOWLING to life? I can't wait!

here is the plastic trim that came from msa. each piece needed some trimming to fit correctly, but once the trimming was done, everything fit nicely

before

DSCN0324.JPG

after

DSCN0325.JPG

DSCN0329.JPG

DSCN0330.JPG

square plug, round hole?

DSCN0331.JPG

DSCN0333.JPG

trimming tool

DSCN0326.JPG

carpet, seats and console in. i ordered door panels from z car depot, hope they get here next week

DSCN0337.JPG

i ended up cutting 1 1/4" off the shifter, much better feel!

DSCN0338.JPG

On 6/10/2017 at 0:55 PM, wheee! said:

Love the pics sweaty! I think I will go with the same carpet kit based on those pics!

wheee, overall the kit worked out well and is the only kit available that is cut pile and covers the entire interior. i dont care for the vinyl. the material is kind of on the cheap side, though. the front floor and rear cargo floor parts are bound on the edges and have padding on them. the parts that arent bound tend to unravel if you pull on a loose string.

if i had known that before i bought the kit, i probably would have done things differently.