IGNORED

Cylinder head flatness - is milling really necessary

Zed Head

20 hours ago, Rooney said:

Used Delvac 1640, but for how bad it stunk I'd rather have used peanut oil! This GA boy stuck in KS would have felt right at home

Haha!! Here's hoping it worked.  Datsun cracklin.   LOL

Still want to see pics if you can figure out how to get them posted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Haha!! Here's hoping it worked.  Datsun cracklin.   LOL

Still want to see pics if you can figure out how to get them posted.

Datsun cracklin! Nah, this is a fried Ford. Might have to deal with this on the 535i eventually, it's a slant 6 but perhaps aluminum will be easier to do this on... and easier to foul up ?

1 hour ago, Rooney said:

Datsun cracklin! Nah, this is a fried Ford. Might have to deal with this on the 535i eventually, it's a slant 6 but perhaps aluminum will be easier to do this on... and easier to foul up ?

What year 535i?

35 minutes ago, Patcon said:

What year 535i?

92. And the truck? Also a 92. 

What am I doing on this forum if I have a bmw (still running) and Ford (in a coma and surgery now) if you might ask? Cuz y'all were the only ones on the internet I could find that were discussing this idea at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rooney said:

92. And the truck? Also a 92. 

What am I doing on this forum if I have a bmw (still running) and Ford (in a coma and surgery now) if you might ask? Cuz y'all were the only ones on the internet I could find that were discussing this idea at all

I an E28 project waiting on some attention

On 8/6/2019 at 8:43 AM, Captain Obvious said:

You use peanut oil, or motor oil?

Pics or it didn't 

Hold the presses, it's game over here. turns out there is a crack, at exhaust valve and port for cylinder two, and to the edge of the firing ring.

It's done for. Not sure how I missed that before, took it up to show a couple old colleagues at the parts store. 

I don't recall seeing it before, and wondering if I might have caused it over the weekend? 

But I'll still try to get the photos, maybe even video if it will load.

The truck, gonna pack up the parts in the boxes and send it back to rockauto, and call the salvage yard in town for the engine I saw before.

The bimmer? I'll deal with that later too, and might return here fore that. Won't surprise me at all if it comes off warped too, if I ever have to deal with it later for a valve job or something