IGNORED

My 73 240Z

nomuken

So, the suspension is dialed in. I fitted the BRE style lip, did some more minor things.
But at's still snowing outside, here is another pic from the car in the shelter:
1000-spook-20160217_180411_edited-2.jpg

And another pic taken yesterday after cleaning the car,...

winter-end_edited-1.jpg

Edited by nomuken
  • Like 1

And you also took those horns of the bumper(s ??)  nice clean look! (Nice euro look!!! ) There were some original rubber things for in those holes.. i got a set on my 240z  but no reserve.. maybe i should make some sets off of these originals that came with a dutch 240z i once had..

43 minutes ago, Martzedcars said:

And you also took those horns of the bumper(s ??)  nice clean look! (Nice euro look!!! ) There were some original rubber things for in those holes.. i got a set on my 240z  but no reserve.. maybe i should make some sets off of these originals that came with a dutch 240z i once had..

Yes, looks way cleaner, especially on the way to big 73 bumpers. Unfortunately the chrome underneat is quite scratched. But my bumpers are all in all only nice from a 10feet disance. The rubber strips are all brittle and the chrome is quite gone in some places.
I will get some new bumpers once my bank account lets me ;)

For better rubbers... lay them in hot wasmachine soap for a week.. make it hot sometimes, wash 'm by hand.. you won't believe what comes out..  for the chrome i use "belgom" and a polishing machine. preserves the chrome aswell..   yes a lot of elbowgrease..

Hope you can take the rubbers off without destroying to much..

Thanks for the advice. unfortunately some of my rubbers are already in 2-3 pieces and some of the rubber fixing bolts are completely gone because of rust.

I tried belgom to, it's a terrific product. Works really well. But when there is no chrome left, there is nothing to polish

a friend of my had te rechrome one front bumper... bill was over 900 euro pfff  very nice bumper came back but that bill pffff.....

sold a set for 800 euro..  with old but still nice chrome on it... have more sets on my attic.. some day... ;-)

example of bumpers i have...  unpolished.... you can see difference between chrome that was covered on the middle... rearbumper by the euro licenseplate light unit.

56d02eb359427_2014fotosmob.samsung526.th

• 5 months later...