IGNORED

Reliable and strong electric fuel pump for SU CARBS

I am having problems with fuel pump pressure on my 240z. Can someone point out which is the best electric fuel pump for this stock carburetors? I was using a Carter P60504 and it only puts out 3 PSI. What will be the máximum PSI that both of these carbs will tolerate without overflooding the float valves. How much per carburetor?

Edited by jalexquijano

Unless you run your car with a fuel gauge that is visible from the drivers seat then you don't know if you have a fuel pressure problem or not. I would think 3 psi would work in most situations beside "Wide Open Throttle". SU's don't like more than 3.5 PSI anyway. Fuel pressure is also not per carburetor but for the fuel rail as a whole.

As an aside, it might be nice if you didn't start a ton of new threads just add a new reply or question to your existing related threads.

If that Airtex pump is truly 5psi at the low end then it will probably be too much without a regulator of some sort.  The Carter P60504 puts out more than 3psi, I know, I have one and it is connected to a regulator and gauge.  It can easily go to 5psi if you crank it up but the spec sheet says 4psi max.

Patcon is right, SU's like around 3.5psi which where I keep mine.  If you are getting less than 3psi make sure your fuel lines are clean, no rubber hoses are kinked, and your fuel filter is clean.  If all of that is up to snuff check your voltage at your pump, you may not be getting a full 12v.  If that looks good then you can try the Airtex pump but be prepared to see fuel pouring out of the front of the carb.

I'm using a Summit Racing electric fuel pump (probably made by Holley) and their fuel pressure regulator on my race car with 2 SUs. Works great.

Chuck

What is the advertised PSI? The Carter P60504 is advertised at 4 psi? and it is only delivering 3 psi!!!!

Okay i am narrowing my decisión for any of the following electric fuel pumps:

Airtex E8016S (2.5 to 4.5 psi)

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/atx-e8016s/overview/

or

PEFP p11-K (4-5 psi)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P11K-Fuel-Pump-for-Datsun-240z-260z-SU-Carburetor-Low-Pressure-4-5-Psi-/330794060113?hash=item4d04dcc951&vxp=mtr

Anyone????