IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I hope to.. one day.. get me one for my 280zx. When the aftermarket one that's on it now is gone bad..

Nice bling you got there Mark, They are not cheap, but worth every penny i think! 👍

Are there people here that had any problems with these stainless exhausts, it's long ago that i heard they cracked or broke off. I think the material they use these days has been improved?

Pic shows an intake/exhaust gasket for carbureted applications which blocks off the fuel injector holes.
Are you switching to carbs?  Or is just a mechanical mock-up?
I'm sure there's a simple answer, but I just have to ask.  LOL

Good catch. I opened them up before mounting the intake.

Roger that. Figured there was an easy answer.

This issue is fresh in my mind as I've been helping a local guy with his Z and that was one of the issues with his motor. He was running uber-lean for many reasons, and one of them was a mismatch between gasket design and fuel delivery design.

He didn't do it, but his motor came to him with the wrong gasket style. Here's a pic looking into the intake manifold while holding the gasket in place. The gasket pretty much blocks off the injector holes completely. His injectors were spraying into a closed door:
P1210301.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Ok class! Time to learn how to NOT slam your 70-76 Z doors!  Take a small plastic hose about 3/8” diameter and trim off a piece the same width as the bump roller in your door latch. Cut a section out to make a “C” section to clamp itself over the BOTTOM bump roller. Adjust the striker plate slightly if needed and then gently close your door. You’re welcome….        
YEARS of slamming my doors are now a thing of the past! Thanks to an old Hybridz.org thread I was able to find the source of my frustration. Unfortunately the rubber snubbers that go in our door catches are long gone and sometimes are available for sale from 240zrubberparts.com, otherwise this quick and cheap solution works perfect and is easily replaced if it wears out!
IMG_1150.thumb.jpeg.d8aa61bf7bf949d5949effd1833bdda9.jpeg
IMG_1145.thumb.jpeg.86ffa38a71fe5e4dba7b79227349b820.jpeg
IMG_1146.thumb.jpeg.ff0397ff09fd86b6805f33380cceae39.jpeg
IMG_1148.thumb.jpeg.45d610799c923eb2cd0584b9caacf7ff.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Completed the install with the CF infused adapter. 
Gave the Z a little sparkly red bling just because… 😉

72481193238__36B4517E-913C-4997-B111-884A57B4E549.jpeg

IMG_1752.jpeg

The install went smooth. I replaced the existing throttle cable with a new one, which is always fun working on the under dash and gas peddle. Routed the cable overtop of the manifold versus under and built a nice throttle stop out of aluminum. 
Immediately noticed a performance improvement with the new throttle body! Steady idle, snappy returns, smooth revs… everything I was looking for! 
I have ordered the billet adapter to be cnc’d as the test piece is proven effective. 

IMG_1995.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg

Plumbed in the IAC line to the Bosch unit with some nice AN fittings too. 
IMG_1960.jpeg

• Like 3