wheee!

1976 280Z Restoration Project

In other news, I finally got the front garage converted from standard 8’ lift doors to 12’ lift doors. Same size opening but removed three feet of angle hangers from the ceiling along with the centre pull openers. Now I have doors that go to the roof and no messy hangers all over the ceiling! Lots of room for the future four post lift...!

7990a4f58c00bb8608ad3384f4528092.jpg

The direct drive side openers are super quiet and have built in Wi-Fi and MyQ as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting shop. I'd like to see an outside pic. Looks like it curves in? Cool!

Just the panoramic setting on the camera. It’s a big front garage.

3523c595884d047f2caa6a53a277a7d2.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wheee! said:

3523c595884d047f2caa6a53a277a7d2.jpg

So big it has its own address.

Congrats, the engine sounds great, you can hear that lumpy cam.

Very lumpy...
[mention]zKars [/mention] Does it sound familiar?

I just did some of those garage door drives in the house we just finished. They are really quiet!! I like them a lot.

I just did some of those garage door drives in the house we just finished. They are really quiet!! I like them a lot.

8500W LiftMaster
Great opener.
  • Like 1

Well, today was a milestone.
I was able to get a solid baseline tune on the stroker. The new version 2.0 of the OneSix CAS solved my voltage issues and some adjustments of the IAC got the engine idling like a coffee can fill of rocks! But that’s normal for a stroker with a monster cam I guess.
The hard revving engine sounds like a fighter plane at hi revs. So very happy and thankful for all the hard work by Richard Boyk getting the tune smoothed out.

• Like 3

3523c595884d047f2caa6a53a277a7d2.jpg&key=ba89aad8b3c1824d4f056edddbacb128575f5db5d43871e08ee37f4cccac25b7

VERY VERY nice garage!!

I have total garage envy! That garage, if sold as a bungalow where I live would be worth $1.3m !!!

I have to park my car to within 3 inches of the garage wall on the left to be able to get out of it on the right! ;)

Also, very lovely car. Absolutely loving that colour too.
  • Like 1

Another day, another lesson learned. Had the dash apart trying to figure out the lack of rpm signal. Turns out I’m just trying to send a digital signal to an analog gauge.
Ordered a signal transformer that converts the nice square 5v signal from Haltech into a psychotic voltage spike like the coils used to send to the tach.
Then tested my temp gauge and discovered I have a dead sensor in the thermostat. Gauge is good. Buttoned up the dash for the 562nd time. Life is good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1