IGNORED

Parts Needed: Missing Plunger, Washer And Snap Clip

Hey Guys,

I have been slowly restoring my 72 Z in Jamaica and I am now refreshing the stock 3 screw SUs. I disassembled them to change the gaskets and it appears that the dipsticks do not have the plungers, washer or snap clip attached to them. I have no clue why this is the case as the car was not running when I purchased it. I will take a pic later when I reach home just to be sure but from all I have seen on the net the dipsticks look a bit lacking.

If this is correct then I am in need of a pair of complete dipsticks if anyone can spare.

Thanks in advance. 

As stated by SteveJ I just picked up a pair off ebay. Now to get the broken screw out of the throttle plate and hope the threads are fine.

I am thinking to add 4 teflon o-rings to each throttle shaft and convert to a throttle cable setup. Does this sounds like a stupid move? I dont want to spend too much on the SU setup as I have a set of old 44phh mikunis I want to refresh and get a harado shokai manifold for them.

Hey C.O. your mod is the reason I was going this route but since it has been proved that Viton works then I will follow. What size o-rings do I need? 

Also does anyone know what size the throttle plate screws are?

Sorry for asking pretty simple questions but some things are difficult to come by here in Barbados so I tend to order stuff online and ship them in or pick them up when I am in the US.

I don't remember offhand what O-rings I used, but I'll check and let you know. Of course, since this was a custom job, I sized the grooves to the O-rings. You don't have to use the exact same ones as long as you adjust the groove dimensions accordingly.

I probably have spares, so I you wanted to cover postage, I'd be happy to send some. Not sure if customs and shipping to Barbados would outweigh the cost of you just getting them locally though.

I'll also see if I can check the throttle plate screw size as well.

Hey C.O.

I started writing a response this morning and swore I sent it. Anyway, thanks for the offer. I will be in Orlando as of next week Sat so I would most definitely appreciate the offer of some of the o-rings mailed to me. Just let me know when you find them and I will pm you the address. I would also welcome any lessons learned with the SU's that aren't covered by the available tech guides.