IGNORED

S30 Demand And Value - Stock Vs Modified

aongch

Points well taken, I can in no way compete with stock value. But my goal is to track safely, this is an OLD structure, hence the 6-pt roll bar/cage to tighten it and under-floor mounted ATL cell (will be per SCCA specs) for crash safety. It is after all an RB26DETT hybridZ, not going back to stock. Also keeping most mods period correct (BRE, ZG), and planning on only 5-8 track days per year, the rest enjoying shows and Z car events. Right now car and mods are about $20-22K. 

IMG_3923x.jpg

ZCuscotypeST.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

Great looking car!  Could you show some detailed pictures of the roll cage?  Especially around the dash and windshield.

Thanks!

As I said, the cage is not a 'full' cage per se, it ties the front and rear hoops with the low door bar and welded at the below location, and under the roof. At this point I'm not pushing for the legal SCCA/NASA rules which requires a dash bar across the width of the interior by the windshield, this may come in the future. The current cage ties at 8 points, actually, on the chassis and rear strut tower. But, it IS easier to access the passenger compartment with this design. An underdash bar will be added for side impact protection.

IMG_3386.jpg

Pic of how it was years back when pre-built

1-16-201511-20-22AM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly on topic, but I am also wondering how to estimate the value of these cars, only for insurance purposes. Any suggestions on a carrier and how to place a value would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the thread jack

;0)

Do a search on this website and you shall find...

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50815-trying-to-figure-out-how-much-to-ask-for-my-z/?hl=hagerty

The Quaife will not generate the heat that say an LSD will. I and others have taken out diff oil pumps and coolers since the temps never get above 220 degrees F even after 90 minutes of track time in the summer (90+ ambient). I watch engine oil, water, EGT(dual #2 & 5) and tranny temps instead.

The Quaife will not generate the heat that say an LSD will. I and others have taken out diff oil pumps and coolers since the temps never get above 220 degrees F even after 90 minutes of track time in the summer (90+ ambient). I watch engine oil, water, EGT(dual #2 & 5) and tranny temps instead.

Good to know, I suppose helical gears give out less frictional heat than clutches. Installing EGT at those cyl locations sounds optimal, should be my next upgrades, only have a boost gauge for now. Our track days here are 4 or 5 x 25 min sessions, and it does get hot, 95+F in summer months.

Any best recomm for Z32 tranny fluid, Nissan OEM synth, Redline, ?  and what viscosity?

• 3 weeks later...

Are they graphite bumpers?

Where do the tower brace come from?

If you're asking me, the bumper (front) is fiberglass, tower brace is the Cusco OS (only one that fits over the RB26) and I bought it from RHDJapan, shipped to the US.

• Like 1