IGNORED

Garage find

IdahoKidd

Hi guys. I can't not brag about my luck. Sorry. I just can't. I found this in a clients garage. At the moment I am not 100% sure of what I have but what I do know is that is a 77 280 with a solidly built 350 installed using a JTR kit. It has a turbo 350 with a ratchet shifter. The car was built in 1998 and the owner drove it one time. It scared him so bad he put it in the garage. It had not seen daylight until yesterday. It is as rolled onto the trailer, dust and all. There is a bunch of new parts, especially interior. I has a time slip of 12.22 with it, a weight slip show 1400 lbs on the front axle, 1400 on the rear. It hasn't been started since 1999. I am going to fog the motor, clean the fuel lines and do all the right things to wake it up. So far, the only 'bad' that I have found is that the rear brakes have seized and it was a bugger to get it to roll. In attempting to get things loose, the car moved and dropped on my chest resulting in some nasty bruised ribs. Note to self, no matter the deal, watch out........

I know it isn't a purist car, but for $2500, there was no way I could pass it up. Once I get it lit up, I'll try to find out why it scared him ;)

post-17702-14150830561491_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150830561908_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150830562218_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150830562544_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150830562852_thumb.jpg

the guy that owned that is out of his mind. he thinks its a 240z:bunny:

very nice. you've doubled your money with that one

but holy crap... its already tried to kill you. Did the owner say anything about

a curse on this car. It is blue you know... beware of the devil z

Edited by hr369

Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes I am tickled. I actually found the car about 9 years ago and he wasn't interested in selling it then. (I am a roofing contractor) A few days ago I was working on a home two houses down and his garage was open and the car was sitting exactly where it was. I just said 'are you ready to sell that to me yet?' and he turns to look at the car, looks back at me and says 'I guess so'. So we get to chatting and I look at what he has and he knows quite a bit about it. He asks what I think its worth and I say 'there are two groups of guys with these cars, one thinks they are priceless and the other can't wait to get rid of it'. His response 'I want to get rid of it'. Fish on!! I asked him for a general idea and he said he'd take $2500. I didn't have the heart to even bicker. The tires are new, has 7k receipts for engine, 2 1/2 dual exhaust from block hugger headers, Edelbrock Street Performer with tuning kit, enough stereo to drown out the exhaust (he says, I haven't fired it yet). B&M quickshifter, very nice metal flake blue paint, and on and on. I have a crush on it so I am sure I am missing some of the ugly, but I did look at the usual spots and not a spec of rust. Not even surface rust on the exhaust.

The ribs are getting better. I had forgotten how tender they can be and how much they are involved in daily life. (yes, I am on the way to get some cheese for my whine)

Leonard