IGNORED

Hello Z Folks

gwri8

Hello from Georgia! I've been lurking on here a little while and finally joined. I'm impressed with the knowledge and the willingness to share by all of the members here and hope I can contribute in some small way as I have started an adventure with a 77' 280. I previously owned a 71' 240 in the late 70's and never really got over it, So I'm back in the saddle again and loving it. Started work on the 77 in May and it's coming along nicely with the engine running well and the suspension feeling more solid. Working on Rust issues now and hopefully resolved soon with new floor pans, Rails, and spare tire well. Glad to be here.

GW

post-30359-14150829848453_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club GW.

Your car looks nice and clean in the photo. Like you said, members here are friendly and willing to help. I have a 77 as well that is pretty much stock and Im slowly restoring between other projects.

Enjoy

Chas

I'm thinking the number will be on the higher side of the 10 to 15 estimate for ZNationals, provided the weather is good. I can name at least 10 people in the Atlanta area that I expect to show up. I'm also going to hang out at track day since it's in my neck of the woods.

Anyway, Greg, I think there's an active club in the Chattanooga area. Scenic City Z Club

Besides ZNationals, the next ZCON will be in Memphis.

Thanks for the greetings and salutations all. I don't think it will be ready for ZNationals this year. Everything on this Z in original as far as I can tell, so I keep finding things that need attention and as you probably know, one thing touches another. If I didn't have A.D.D. before, I probably will after this is done. Thanks for the tip SteveJ, I'm just south of Chatt and I will check them out. Just finished Painting the interior panels and I'm doing a little POR 15 this weekend. Next on the list is installing rear sway bar urethanes and an RT mount.

Nice looking car. Good luck with the rebuild. I thought that it would take a year or so to get mine running again, but everytime that I took one broken part off to replace it I found 3 more... It took me 5 years to get it running and two more to get it running well.

But yours looks to be in much better shape.

Thanks Walter. The main reason I picked this one was because it was running and I wouldn't have to drag it home! This is how it looked the day I got it, after a wash of course. I drove it from Griffin GA through ATL rush hour to NW GA. It had fuel problems (sputtered) and the steering wobbled. I was just a little nervous. But a good tune with a new fuel filter and a tire balance cured most of the immediate woes. Lucky me! The previous previous owner had some love for this car. The last one, not so much.

I'm hoping to have a good solid runner this spring…… . Up close it is definitely a 38yr old Z and paint is somewhere on the horizon

A.D.D, O.C.D and the BCDD. You've got them all now. :)

Working on mine have been the cause of alot of worrying and doing things I normally wouldn't do, going overboard is a good term. The 1st year was the worst, the last 2 have been the best. After I completely rebuilt my '77 I stayed around this forum reading and learning more, I think I know more about the cars from what I've read than I actually do the cars. After reading so much about 240s I had to have one, now I have two!

These cars and the folks on here have changed my life. I've always had good figuring out sense but Zs have taken it to another level. I've learned patience, and that's something I've never had. The guy I work for always tells me to "do like you do those cars" when I'm up against a challenge at work. My parents have noticed a calmer person too.

Anxiety gets things done. Keep doing what you're doing.

Best help for a '77, Tech Tips

ZNationals will be in Carrollton this year. ZCON will be in Memphis in 2015. You are expected at both. ;)

And your claims of ignorance have been formally dismissed since you posted in the thread on the 2015 convention. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-general-discussions/51319-2015-zcar-convention.html#post462865

The kangaroo court finds you guilty. LOL

Edited by SteveJ