IGNORED

Help with contact - Craigslist (Seattle)

Werup

Hi

I am hoping someone friendly on this forum, can help me get in contact with thi guy who owns this transmission:

1970 1971 Datsun 240Z 4 speed transmission early Z car OBO

I have a nice early Z here in Denmark which needs a 4 speed gearbox, so this would be perfect. But last 2 times my emails cont get any reply, even though people right that they want only emails :ermm:

I have an address in CA i can get the transmission shipped to, I just need to find a courier to get it there. So the only thing is the contact to this guy :classic: Can anyone help?

Best Regards Martin

Zed Head:

When you say monkey motion 4 speed, you mean? :) And thanks for the google search, did know it was that easy to get the mail :)

Bruce:

Sound like a place i should be in contact with :) You have a mail i can write to?

/Martin

Edited by Werup

Zed Head:

When you say monkey motion 4 speed, you mean? :) And thanks for the google search, did know it was that easy to get the mail :)

Bruce:

Sound like a place i should be in contact with :) You have a mail i can write to?

/Martin

Too funny. I was just talking to the owner of ZTherapy and he said "If he'll pay the shipping I'll give him the transmission.... We used to throw them away"...... Steve@ZTherapy.com or if you prefer mail, the address on the website will work.....

Zed Head:

When you say monkey motion 4 speed, you mean? :)

/Martin

Look at the shift linkage in the Craig's List ad. It's different than later transmissions. People called it "monkey motion" because it felt different when shifting, apparently. I've never tried one. Probably not what you really wanted anyway.

Looks like you ended up at the right place. A free 4 speed just for shipping. Can't beat that.

Werup,

I have a 79 5 speed that needs to be rebuilt(no 5th gear, needs synchro I think) that you can have, just pay the shipping. PM me if interested.

Check around your area for a good rebuilder. I'd bet you lunch they can get a bearings and synchros set for that transmission and build it for you reasonably.....

Thanks alot Bruce, i have written an email, one very happy Dane :)

Jim A and Rob - From what I have been reading I thought i needed an A-type, at the PO installed a 5 speed from 280z, which look like this. Is it not correct that i need an A-type 4 speed trans? But im not a 100% since im quite new to this car, so let me know if im wrong here.

post-27032-14150828934942_thumb.jpg

The reason why i want this, is that assement of the car here in Denmark when getting it taxed is hard, so need it to be stock when before going back to the 5 speed :stupid:

mjr45 - Sorry have a 5 speed, just need the stock 4 speed.

/Martin

Edited by Werup