IGNORED

Fuel Pump Check Valve Alternatives

Captain Obvious

Hello,

I reviewed this topic in case I decide to replace the check valve myself (it can't last forever...) 

What should be the proper or minimum length of the Audi hose, in case you want to get a used one or make one?

Edited by TomoHawk

Would you believe that  the eBay vendor that is selling the Volvo check valve refuses to send one to me because "the catalog says it not compatible" ?  You'd  think he would just say so and ask if you wanted it anyway.  He must be a Volvo parts dealer of the kind Rossiz usually deals with.:P

Edited by TomoHawk

Actually, what I was picturing was that you would estimate the length with a piece of generic rubber tubing, and then take that piece of generic tubing with you to the junkyard to use as a length gauge.

And where I come from, a trip to the junkyard is never "wasted". It's like fishing...  A bad day at the junkyard is better than a good day at the office.  :)

• Like 3

I see what you mean, but I always ask anyway.

Yeah, at the least you can write notes on parts you think you might want to get later, and note the location of the vehicle.  Then, if I do get a part I can write the details of the make, model & year, instead of having to remember it.  Once I even took a digital camera to take visual notes, so I didn't have to make a hasty/expensive decision.

Edited by TomoHawk

i followed the steps of captain obvious's first option, volvo check valve and audi hose.  i lied to the ebay seller and told him i had a volvo so he'd send me the part.  i don't have a lathe so i just shortened the threads on the check valve with my bench grinder, worked fine.  i trimmed less than 4" off the total length of the hose, everything fit together perfect and leak free, fuel pressure holds overnight and the car now starts almost at the thought of turning the key!  such an improvement.  thanks!

• Like 1