IGNORED

H4 headlight replacement

Akir-ra

Hello to all..

I've seen that Motorsport Auto offers H4 lights to replace the stocks set. Also they offer Xenon light bulbs. My questions are: 1) Has anybody used these or anything like them? and 2) How are they compared to the new fancypants bright white set-ups I've seen on some of the newer cars coming out ? I'm looking for an updated look as well as better visibility at night:ermm:

Yeah, I figure the high beams in my stock headlamps aren't even as bright as most modern low beams, let alone Xenon bulbs. That coupled with the fact that most other cars' driver's compartments are much higher than mine, I don't feel it's an annoyance to other drivers. I have yet to have someone flash me for my headlamps being too bright.

edit: poor grammar.

• 1 month later...

My zeds head lights are pretty bloody dim too. Moulded into the front glass it says they are Hella H4's. The aren't aimed properly which is part of the problem, but even if they were they are still dim as.

Should the H4's be pretty bright?

Maybe the wiring to them is inadequate, therefore not getting the voltage they need?

Just remember that the wiring for the 240 was designed with the older 55W/45W lights and not the newer 100W/90W. By doubling that wattage you are increasing the amount of current and therefore load on the wiring. If there are ANY flaws (i.e. resistance points) in your system you WILL cause problems.

2¢

go the upgrade!! it helps tons!

I've upgraded to the H4 kit.. then installed all wiring relays.. then put in the ultra white bulbs.. visibility is excellent and I'd be lying if I didn't say I think it looks pretty mad :D

btw - here's an idea of the brightness.. (that aint my high beams)

attachment.php?s=&postid=38100

post-3389-1415079261095_thumb.jpg

Do you mean the actual H4 lighting assembly or the bulb?

the bulbs are from a volvo dealer (uber mates rates - autobarn jack the price of those things up so much its crazy! I got a set of two for like $10)

the assembly I can't remember.. Can check when I get home but I dont think they're hella..

On a 240z parts car I bought.. it had Hella H4 assemblies (as in the cone, glass, etc) but I've long since thrown all that out (they were cracked, etc)

Have you tried the ones you got yet?