IGNORED

[2014] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Pleasure meeting you and your son yesterday Mike.

I'm sure the ski rack on your car caused a few raised eyebrows on the drive..........in the middle of August;)

The venue is spectacular for this show.It sure would be nice to see a few more cars out there. I understand there was a scheduling conflict with another show in Oregon that definitely took away some entries.

Either way, a good way to spend a Sunday and meet some of the other Datsun guys.

Dean

Thanks Dean, we enjoyed meeting you as well.

To be honest the skis were only on after we got of the freeway as since the quarter panels were replaced not all of the threaded inserts to mount the lower bracket have been replaced, so I didn't trust one bolt only.

In case you haven't noticed there are pics of the show being added on the 510 Realm website, starting on page two:

The 510 Realm - View topic - 2014 Vancouver All Nissan Meet; August 10th

Mike

Got my "new" 280zx today. Realy bad shape on this cars body but good engine/trans/diff. Car will meet the crucher when i have pulled the good stuff out.

Took the car off the trailer, then i realised that i had an hour left before i had to leave the garage so i jacked the car up and pulled the diff out.

Fired up my baby and the radio, would not come on. Also had no brake lights and no flasher. Found a fuse blown on the ignition interlock and brake lights. Replaced the fuse on the ignition interlock, the radio and emergency flasher was back on. Replaced the brake light fuse,back on.

Attended a local cruise-in in Roxboro NC. Only Z there,but that's normal. Won the 50/50 pot. Turned out to be a great day. My birthday was also today.

Took the Z to a monthly meet down the road, met two 370Z owners, one of whom had bought a series I back in Spring of '70, owned it for four years, put 104,000 miles on it on cross country road trips then sold it when he married and had kids...he really enjoyed looking the car over, even remembered the VIN on his car after 40+ years Found out there's a local G/Z club which is nice too.

Edited by gogriz91

What is it with the "G" owners, that they think they own a Z car?? Infinity makes luxury sedans! (like Lincoln or Cadillac.) They would laugh me out of the parking lot if I tried to get my mom's Lincoln into a Mustang meet...

Anyway, I finished my valve cover racer for next week's competition, and I just need to finish the fancy cardboard box with some foam inserts.

Edited by TomoHawk

Don't have a tranny here but someone has one on a local craigslist.

1980 Datsun 280zx Engine and Transmission

Are you anywhere near the Humboldt county area?

I bolted a rear bumper on my car to replace the fiberglass one that came with the car. I had pulled the new to me bumper off of a parts car and cleaned it up.

Edited by Mikes Z car

I removed the front valence from the 74 today. I will probably remove the front bumper while I'm at it. I only broke three bolts. Two of those were on the left turn signal. The left turn signal lens was already cracked, and the removal process finished the job.

So I have new lenses and gaskets on order, and the air dam is ready to go on. I guess it's time to put on those stainless steel bumpers that have been hanging around in the garage for about a year.