IGNORED

Any other Dark brown Z owners out there?

HaZmatt

My friend's dad had a copper toned dark brown '75 in the mid 80's. He was the coolest kid in town after midnight when he snuck it out of their garage.

Yea the copper brown metallic actually looks really sharp. The doo doo brown is just awful in my opinion

The nice thing about the brown cars is #1 they are fairly rare in this day and age,#2 they are virtually invisible to the police (handy for scofflaw activities, heh, heh). Not a lot of new cars are brown.

Cheers, Mike and "the renowned Mr. Brown"

Thank you. I had the car repainted when I got it. The original owner had some friends paint it and the color did not match when I removed the white vinyl roof. We matched the original color, but put some metallic in it so it was more like the 280 Z color previously mentioned. Modern paint with a clear coat, also.

Cheers, Mike

At the end of 1971 - when we received our first 114 Metallic Brown 240Z - no one was sure if they liked the Brown or not as it came off the truck. Once off the truck it went to for Pre-Inspection and then to the Detail Shop as usual.

By the time it came out of the Detail Shop - it had the 14x7" wire mesh Appliance Mags fitted with D70 bias belted Goodyears, and a bright yellow and green pin striping. The bright yellow strip was about 1/2" trimmed on either side with a dark green pin strip… The car was polished/buffed and glazed to a high brilliance. It was STUNNING!

In the sun - the original color was quite a bit lighter than most of the pictures you see today. I decided at that point I would take a Metallic Brown 72 for myself. I waited and waited…but we didn't get another one in for months. So I took the Metallic Blue 72 that I have today.{well that I had until I gave it to my son last year}. Of course a couple weeks after that - we finally received a few more Brown Z's…

If you look at this image - it is closer in color to the first one's we received.

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/114Brown.jpg

Funny thing too - spiffy240Z's Z and the one pictured above also have the Appliance Wire Mesh Mag's..

Just my perception - but it seems that the 114 Brown Z's darken with age. "spiffy240Z's" picture shown the color on the shaded side of the car and it "looks darker" in that picture - than that color really was originally in the sun.

Next in 74 the 260Z came with a 301 Bronze Metallic - and that is perhaps one of the best colors I've seen OEM on the Z's. None of the pictures on the Web seem to show the actual bronze color.. all look way to 'brown".

FWIW,

Carl B.