IGNORED

what parts do you guys need? clear lenses or other plastic parts

Klearz

You would not want that light to have a smooth clear lens it would make the light to harsh. when they are clear from factories they have a diamond pattern on them. I do not know how many people will need dome lights they are a dime a dozen, I have at least 4 good ones in parts I've gotten over the years.

Look at the antenna mount rubber that is something that most cars have all dried out on not sealing anymore and the mechanisms that run the antenna are getting mucked up by the corrosion from the water. I wish you would make the upper metal mounting parts also, but you can only make what your setup for.

What about the rubber bushings we can't get them all for the car anymore.

You mentioned interior, what about making a more acurate seat covers with the correct pattern and with the two different sized piping. Also we can use a more accurate carpets to the originals that new ones are not perfect, and if I had the equipment to sew the edge like the original I could do it better.

The A-pillar cover is maybe 2 ft long and 2.5" wide. My Z is sitting in a garage 10 mi away right now, but it's just a shell with two recessed holes for the screws. Here's a pic of the ZX covers. Z is similar, if you were to cut off the wings on the lefthand side of the pic...

1979 1982 Nissan Datsun 280ZX A Pillars Pair Blk LH RH Windshield 280 Z | eBay

I'd be interested in a white dome light (like OEM), but not a clear one (frosted or otherwise). Mine is quite yellowed. I suspect the "cream" color is from yellowing. Surely the original was white.

I wouldn't mind an inspection light dome. Mine is shattered. See here:

Rare New Datsun 280Z Under Hood Inspection Light | eBay

Another item OTHER Z owners might like is a fusible link BODY. See here. The cover domes are cheap and available already, but the bodies are not. The problem is that the ears that screw to the fender can break off. (I don't know if it's a common problem, but both of mine were earless and just hanging there at the ends of their wires.) You would have to find a way to insert heavy electrical connectors, and the owner would have to splice the wires somehow. The issue has become irrelevant to me, because I retrofitted my entire fusible link system with MaxiFuses.

Edited by FastWoman

all the suggestions are great.keep them coming.

The dom light will be 30$ for a clear or white lens. 35$ for smoked or any other colors.

2sixTZombii i might take you up on that offer. so are you guys interested in just the lens or housing and bezel as well? here is one i found on ebay with a custom bezel.

Datsun 70 73 240Z Interior Map Light w New Billet Trim Piece 260z 280z | eBay

a pillars might be feasible but because of size, we would need to confirm there is demand for it. as well as confirmation of the length of them. would you guys want them smooth or same texture as OEM? Do these come in black only or other colors?

Fusible Link Holders looks very interesting, found one on ebay here that shows the inside well

Datsun 280z Ignition Fusible Link Box Nice | eBay

We could make the body with the 4 metal clips inside so its easy for you guys to wire it up.

If someone can send us a good body, we would get started on this one right away.

Under hood inspection light looks to be metal ( we dont do metal ). and while we are making more and more led products, this has a few too many parts for us to all assemble by hand.

antenna mount rubber sounds very interesting as well. could not find a pic of it but should be simple enough. we would need an original in good condition to reproduce.

the bushings, im not sure, we stay away from suspension components but if they are needed for something else, it might be possible.

making interior kits might be interesting but if they are already some available out there, I'm not sure we're interested, even if they are not great quality. also making seat covers for resale is hard.

they are often installed by DIYers, and no offense, but most of them, don't know how to install seat covers properly. as well, the foam can be worn differently on different seats, which affects the fit.

custom upholstery is always better.

we are not setup to do molded carpets and custom carpets is something that is done inside the car, gluing it down etc, so again, selling a kit for a small business like us is not really an option. we could do car mats easily but that's probably about it for carpets. we could embroid a nice logo in there too.

Under hood inspection light looks to be metal ( we dont do metal ). and while we are making more and more led products, this has a few too many parts for us to all assemble by hand.

I believe Sarah is just looking for the plastic dome on the light, not the whole inspection light. For that I could loan you a good one for you to use as a model.

yeah, im glad you asked, there was a coding mistake, the first 'amber' at 300$ is suppose to be the USDS style (OEM colors).

Clear or solid colors is 200$. JDM is 350$ and USDS is 300$

Rubber floor mats are too big for us to cast.