Sign in to follow this  
Casey_z

What a difference a set of wheels makes

No. Bought them from an Ontario Z Car Member.

The wheels are perfect but the tires are worn out Toyo's with a low profile.

They need to be replaced with a 15" tire that suit the car better.

Casey

Edited by Casey_z

Picked up some Toyo Proxes 4 225x50x15".

They are a great fit. If we could only lose this winter weather we would be good:tapemouth

Its cold and snowy. -21 degrees celsius outside and I am dreaming about summer.

8 or 9 below zero in American:D

post-21264-14150827397685_thumb.jpg

No. Bought them from an Ontario Z Car Member.

The wheels are perfect but the tires are worn out Toyo's with a low profile.

They need to be replaced with a 15" tire that suit the car better.

Casey

Edited by Casey_z

They look great. I like the 225/50R15 size. Back when I bought my Panasports, there weren't many good 15" tires available, so I went with 16's. I think the 15's look better and they won't rub as bad as the 225/50R16 tires.

Agreed....your new rims/tires combo do look great

When the hibernation ends, please let us know your thoughts on how well this new set up (rims and tires) works as compared to what was replaced.

George

I demand pictures of that interior please.

I have been considering a red interior to my 901 silver Z. Ever since I saw that singer 911 in silver/red. I have been hooked.

Casey -- she's looking sweet. Now that my yellow Z is ready to roll, we have to get together for a cruise this summer. I'm with you - I'm done with this crappy winter - it should go away....now.

Zedyone

Took a quick snap as it sits

The mat is out until spring arrives. I love the red interior. I sometimes read that people want to change it.The silver and red look awesome together.

post-21264-14150827412582_thumb.jpg

I have been considering a red interior to my 901 silver Z. Ever since I saw that singer 911 in silver/red. I have been hooked.

Hank

I am putting miles on the snow blower and am tired of it - We have to get together at Tim,s in Grimsby when the weather changes and the incredible amount of salt on the roads is washed away.This global warming thing is killing me:stupid:

Casey -- she's looking sweet. Now that my yellow Z is ready to roll, we have to get together for a cruise this summer. I'm with you - I'm done with this crappy winter - it should go away....now.

A couple more.

post-21264-14150827414531_thumb.jpg

post-21264-14150827413886_thumb.jpg

My first Z back in the late 70's was white with Red Interior - damn, I miss that car! The red interior is eye catching and really pops with the silver. Great colors you got going on Casey_z!

Love the wheels, and the car. My baby was born Silver with Red, but the original and previous owner painted the interior black, and the outside wine-red. Nice to see what she would have looked like.

so I'm currently researching a new set of wheels, I was primarily looking at the weight of the wheels but during my research I came across a number of articles that would imply that 250g's off a set of wheels would make a minimal difference.

Love that interior!! I am so doing this after I get all this transmission nonsense straightened. I was looking for an excuse redo all the plastic in the rear of my car.

The red interior really offsets the silver exterior and "pops". Always a great combo.

Mine started-out silver w/ red, but the red interior was badly faded, and in some panels were sun damaged and cracked beyond repair.

Red interior parts (at that time) were hard to find, so I decided to duplicate the black & grey interior I did on my previous white Z. It's a bit mono-chromatic, but I like it!

You have a great looking car! (And I even like the color...)

post-15388-14150827910286_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

It was pictures of silver cars like Zedyone's and Oiluj's that inspired me to go with the original silver when we did the body.

Kind of a clone thing going on in different parts of North America.

Cheers everyone and we really would like some spring weather over in Ontario.

Casey

Nice looking wheels and the red does look good with silver.

Back to the wheels: What wheel width and offset do you have? I have a set of 15x7" with zero offset coming and was planning on a 195/60HR15 Bridgestone Potenza all-season tires. Might consider a 205 or 225 width if you don't have any issue with rubbing.

They 15x7" 0 offset with Toyo Proxes 4 225x50x15".There are no issues with clearance.

Nice looking wheels and the red does look good with silver.

Back to the wheels: What wheel width and offset do you have? I have a set of 15x7" with zero offset coming and was planning on a 195/60HR15 Bridgestone Potenza all-season tires. Might consider a 205 or 225 width if you don't have any issue with rubbing.

Love that interior!! I am so doing this after I get all this transmission nonsense straightened. I was looking for an excuse redo all the plastic in the rear of my car.

Zedyone - are all of the parts available to chnage the interior to red? belive the plastic parts are available in red from MSA but what about the seat covers and door panels?

thanks

Hank

so I'm currently researching a new set of wheels, I was primarily looking at the weight of the wheels but during my research I came across a number of articles that would imply that 250g's off a set of wheels would make a minimal difference.

What are you talking ab out?