I need some ideas - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

I need some ideas

Featured Replies

i want to upgraded my engine what's beater for zx 280

I am a 240Z owner and could give you some ideas on a 2.4 or could recommend the book "How To MODIFYY NISSAN & DATSUN OHC ENGINES 510 610 710 200SX 240Z 260Z 280Z" but I do not specifically know about the 280ZX. Someone on this site will have a wealth of information on the subject.

Good Luck, Jerry Purcell

"Better" is a term that everyone defines differently.

I think you will have better luck finding other engine options that are popular for Z cars on this site. HybridZ

That group is dedicated to making Z cars "better" than stock. Good luck with your improvements.

LS 1 is better

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
"Better" is a term that everyone defines differently.

I think you will have better luck finding other engine options that are popular for Z cars on this site. HybridZ

That group is dedicated to making Z cars "better" than stock. Good luck with your improvements.

Think your right in that, he's better of on HybridZ, this is more for classic z cars.

If you don't have a turbo, maybe swap in turbo motor with a 5 speed from a 82 ZX? That would still be more or less original. Give it a good valve job and exhaust system and it might be fast enough.

If not, maybe stay with the ZX series and swap in a 3.0 liter V6 Twin Turbo from 300zx? That might be a lot more work - but it would be a fast car.

Here's a link for ZX's:Nissan 300ZX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  • Author

I'm actually thinking about triple carburetor and performance camshaft also I'm already have a 5 speed and a hidars and the block standard I will make it 0.50

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.