IGNORED

280z Plastic Inner Fender Question

CG240Z

• 1 month later...

To bring this thread back. I found some inner fenders off Craigslist. They have some minor cracks, but are still in 1 piece. Also they are still really fragile. Does anyone have any ideas for toughening the fenders up? I thought maybe coating them in truck bed liner? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

Would a coat of fibreglass work? Im not sure if the fibreglass would bond to this material.

What ever you use would need to be light because they probably wont be able to support much weight. If its coated on the inside would not be visible from the outside.

• 4 years later...
On September 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM, CG240Z said:

My Plastic inner fender's are shot beyond repair. You touch them and they crack, I didn't know plastic could get this brittle. I saw this set on ebay, asked the seller if they were for a 280 because that's not what mine look like. He responded "You must have a 280zx, not a 280z". All right dude, you're right, I don't know what year my freaking car is. I must have been wrong all these years. I was simply stating that these aren't like mine and wonder what years they fit. So maybe someone can clarify these inner fenders to me that our on ebay.

Here's the link to the ebay ad.

Here's a picture of what mine look like. (Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.)

post-25778-14150825655115_thumb.jpg

post-25778-14150825655634_thumb.jpg

Hello ,

I allso need inner liner fenders for my Datsun 260z -280 1978, can you help me with the nissan partnumber? Regards lex belgium