IGNORED

madkaw megasquirt

Patcon

I would be doing just the opposite and tackling the spark first. The beauty of doing spark is that you have both old and new systems on the car until you are ready to change over. Let's say you want to use a distributorless Ford EDIS ignition. You could actually mount it all up and experimemt with it while still having the old system on there.

I would be doing just the opposite and tackling the spark first. The beauty of doing spark is that you have both old and new systems on the car until you are ready to change over. Let's say you want to use a distributorless Ford EDIS ignition. You could actually mount it all up and experimemt with it while still having the old system on there.

I enjoyed that in my MJLJ install. Went to the dyno and switched between 2 completely standalone ignition systems within a couple of minutes!

Leon,

are the training wheels off(old ignition system), or you still have it on standby?

Frankly, it's still on standby but I've not had to use the distributor since finishing the MJLJ install. It's been about a year and probably a few thousand miles. The only reason I keep it around is for the funny comments and reactions from people who see the distributor without wires.

"Waitaminute, how's that thing run without plug wires?"

"Hopes and dreams, my friend..."

LOL

Leon,

I don't disagree that doing ignition is one of the best things about this set up but I didn't get megasquirt for that reason. A few months before I got MS the stock EFI I had developed a lovely issue of dying while driving - turned out one of the wires to the AFM had a short causing the computer to loose connection from it and, well dying. Instead of spending countless hours and money I probably didn't have I decided that swapping over to this system would be the simplest answer (other then carbs, and why would I go back in technology). I'm sure I can get way more power and way more MPG's out of her if I went all out and did spark maps.

Jan