IGNORED

SU Sightglasses available (see fuel bowl levels)

Jarvo2

Great suggestion Darrel, all time savers.

I'm even brave (stupid?) enough to remove the gasket entirely until the level is right. If the level is below the lid, you're not going to get any leaks. Even if you did they'de be minute. When done, put it back in. Remember you'll be moving your fuel level up by that extra 1/2 mm of gasket thickness when the gasket goes back.

Edited by zKars

I did take my cork gasket off and put it in a book to try and keep it straight. 1/2mm off isn't going to hurt anything, just as long as you're within 1mm it's all good. Unless you want to be exact and want to adjust each of the screws exactly the same amount of turns to get the mixture set( ztherapy quote 2 carbs as one).

• 11 months later...

Simple and effective. BTW once one float is set where you want it, you can move the tube in front of the nozzle and make marks (or just eyeball both sightglasses) at that fuel height just below the mouth of both carbs. Then adjust the other float so fuel level is same height at both nozzles. Eliminates the difference in bowl levels due to engine tilt or rake, and lessens the chance of human error.