IGNORED

To stripe or not to stripe????

dltalfa

I'd like everyone's opinion.

I have a white 1972 240z. It has slotted mags and black interior. I orderd the black "240Z" side stipes almost a year ago, (right after I had it painted). I keep planning on installing them,...but everytime I plan to start,..I look at the car in plain form and back out.

At other times, I feel the car looks too bland and I think the stripe would "jazz" it up a little.

I look at the gallery and see several of the Z's with the stripe and I really like it.

I may end up selling it in another year or two,..so i should factor sale-ability into the equation too.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion. Should I install the stripe or not.

Edited by dltalfa

You asked one of those questions that only you, as the owner, can answer. I suppose if you really can't decide and it totally bugs the snot out of you, you could stripe the driver's side and leave the passenger side plain. :)

Dennis

You asked one of those questions that only you, as the owner, can answer. I suppose if you really can't decide and it totally bugs the snot out of you, you could stripe the driver's side and leave the passenger side plain. :)

Dennis

Yea,...but I guess you could say I was polling the public opinion.

Haha, Starsky & Hutch was a great show in the day. dltalfa, I feel your pain. Its the same as doing minor mods to the exterior of the Z like I did 20 years ago. Now I wish I had left it original. Take some painters tape and tape them on one side for the day. Maybe that will help you decide.

Haha, Starsky & Hutch was a great show in the day. dltalfa, I feel your pain. Its the same as doing minor mods to the exterior of the Z like I did 20 years ago. Now I wish I had left it original. Take some painters tape and tape them on one side for the day. Maybe that will help you decide.

I have gone to the web and saved several pictures of white casr with the black stripe. I have looked at them over and over. While I like the look myself,...I'm trying to verify the thoughts of other Z owners.

Let's face it,...every molested Z we see on eBay was done by someone who "thought it look good to them". We all wish they had gotten other peoples opinion before they made those mods.

I understand that it should be done however I like,...but as I posted earlier, I know that I will be selling it some day and I dont want to do anything to minimize the resale value.

I like the stripes, but I'm with SiteUnSeen. I call the two types of stripes the 240Z-Positive and the 240Z-Negative (as in film negatives). I like the 240Z-Negative, where the 240Z are cut out of the stripe so the body color shows through. See the pics. First one is the 240Z-Negative. Second one is the 240Z-Positive.

post-19216-14150823508498_thumb.jpg

post-19216-14150823508614_thumb.jpg

post-7454-1415082350881_thumb.jpgI believe that the stripes shorten the look of the body and I like that look. The original factory accessory stripe kit part # 99990-00105 was the stripe with the 240Z cut out of the middle stripe with the body color forming the "240Z" I had an original kit and had a vendor reproduce these for me.