IGNORED

Pneumatic tool oil in SUs

I've read that air tool oil is the same as sewing machine oil and that sewing machine oil works well in the SU carbs. Going to try and adjust mine this weekend and am gathering up all the stuff I'll need. Has anybody tried using that stuff or should I just buy fork oil from a bike shop, I've got about 2 qts. of tool oil already and we only have 1 motorcycle shop in town and they are higher than a giraffes butt.

SAE 20 http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/STANLEY-BOSTITCH-Air-Tool-Oil-3RCY9

Edited by siteunseen

I've read that air tool oil is the same as sewing machine oil and that sewing machine oil works well in the SU carbs. Going to try and adjust mine this weekend and am gathering up all the stuff I'll need. Has anybody tried using that stuff or should I just buy fork oil from a bike shop, I've got about 2 qts. of tool oil already and we only have 1 motorcycle shop in town and they are higher than a giraffes butt.

SAE 20 STANLEY BOSTITCH Air Tool Oil, 20 oz, SAE 20 - Oils - 3RCY9|Premoil-20OZ - Grainger Industrial Supply

My local motorcycle shop gives me free halfies when they clean out their shop. They give me all sorts of weights so I can mix and experiment,. Nice folks.

Still trying to find a good balance though. My carbs don't seem to like the things a lot of others recommend.

• 2 weeks later...