IGNORED

17 months later, my restoration is done

ollie

Thanks for all the info on this site, it has been of great value and assistance through this project. I bought this car as a '73 with a suppsoed 24,000 original miles, and rapidly found out that was absolutely not the case, yes, I'm sure you're as shocked as I was. Anyway I could not leave it alone so I built the car I wanted to. I'm happy how it turned out.

Here is a shot when I bought the car. Pretty, eh?

post-23950-14150822960182_thumb.jpg

Jim you might not recall but when I was getting this off the ground you sent me your spreadsheet...to which I reviewed the numbers and promptly threw away along with all fiscal responsibility. I am very thrilled with the result...I also have a set of 200 mile original hub caps, the ones in the pics above are original to my car and quite beat. Everything works, I sourced every NOS part I could, the bumpers were redone locally here in Vancouver at great expense, basically I think I would recover about 50% of each dollar spent, and I did all the assembly myself, but had a restorer do the body work, and he did an amazing job. Engine was done through by a local shop, every suspension bit was blasted and power coated, basically I went way too far now I am scared to drive it! Time to find a driver...but the reality is I'm now looking for the ultimate sedan; an '88 BMW M5, Canadian version, with black interior. I found a US import but I'm holding out....