IGNORED

Fitting 240Z bumpers and Valences to a 280Z

EuroDat

Nice work Jason. Looks good and fits well.

The 240Z bumpers should work better on the 260Z because they have the side recesses for the bumper like the 240Z. The 280Z rear quarter doesn't have them which then pushes the bumper out a bit.

Chas

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I still have a couple off sets for the front. I think I have one set for the rear.
If I don't have the rear, I make another 15 sets. I had a couple other members asking in the last weeks.
[mention=32755]riverstonefly[/mention] If you are still interested, send me a pm. 
Pm sent amigo

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:50 PM, EuroDat said:

I still have a couple off sets for the front. I think I have one set for the rear.

If I don't have the rear, I make another 15 sets. I had a couple other members asking in the last weeks.

@riverstonefly If you are still interested, send me a pm. 

I sent over a PM ?

• 2 months later...

I just finished reading this whole thread...whew!  I ordered a pair of FutoFab bumpers this morning for my 280Z.  So I'm down for front and rear mounting brackets.  I have two questions that I haven't found answers for:

1: The as-mounted photos don't seem to match up to the holes on my car for the tie-down brackets.  Do you need to drill holes for the rear brackets to fit the body?

2: Will the rear bumper fit beneath the extra piece tack welded to the body, used to fill the gap between it and the old 5mph bumper?  This might look bad, even if it does fit.  But it would be nice to have a rear bumper on the car while I save up for bodywork.

2 hours ago, the_tool_man said:

I just finished reading this whole thread...whew!  I ordered a pair of FutoFab bumpers this morning for my 280Z.  So I'm down for front and rear mounting brackets.  I have two questions that I haven't found answers for:

1: The as-mounted photos don't seem to match up to the holes on my car for the tie-down brackets.  Do you need to drill holes for the rear brackets to fit the body?

2: Will the rear bumper fit beneath the extra piece tack welded to the body, used to fill the gap between it and the old 5mph bumper?  This might look bad, even if it does fit.  But it would be nice to have a rear bumper on the car while I save up for bodywork.

Hi tool man,

1: Yes. You will need to drill an extra hole to fix the bumper side arms. I don't have any photos of that part modification. I was at the stage where I just wanted to finish it. The hole is about 100mm in front of the 280Z bumper hole IIRC. I can check mine, but it would be better to measure and determine the position in your own situation.

2: yes. It will fit under the gap shield. Not sure how that will look though.

• Like 1