IGNORED

[2013] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Mine is in the garage for the winter - wheels off - on 4 jack stands - getting ready to clean - paint - polish things. It's my second favorite time of the year...............naturally my first is the driving season! There are only 2 seasons per year, right? One is driving - and the other modding / polishing/ cleaning!

Edited by Travel'n Man

We drove the Z from San Mateo, thru San Francisco and up to Novato for a holiday "cookies & nog" gathering at a friend's house.

The Z got a lot of attention along the way and many compliments from people at the party. Had to go outside to give people "Z tour" three times.

Tried something new, I think....Before placing the refurbished tail lights back on, I placed a generous bead of 'Seal 'N Peel' silicone on the interface of the rubber gaskets with the supporting framework. Then I used ordinary all weather silicone to seal all the seams in the back end.The idea/attempt was to perfectly seal the rear end from exhaust fumes. Now I'll have to wait until spring before knowing if it was of any value. Regardless, the lights certainly look a lot nicer.