IGNORED

looking for 240k datsun

abohadi

I just found a c210 right near my place... 4 door... Registered till next June!!!

What's a c210 roughly worth in drivable nick. Looked ok at a quick glance. Having a better look Saturday

Driveable doesn't mean much as the running gear has so little value.

A good body and interior is really special, and overseas demand has driven the price up a fair bit, but not to the extent of 240ks.

An overall ok car... $1000 bargain - $3000 ok - $4000 too much.

A super clean car... $3000 to $4000.

I had a go at selling my c210 a year back, couldn't get anywhere near decent coin for it.

Well this one is literally one owner, lil old lady bought it in 78 and has had it since.

She stopped driving about two months ago and is thinking of selling. The brief look I've seen it's an auto L24 and is completely original. I'd driven past it for years before one day I paid a bit more attention when I stepped up the search for a c110.

Driveable doesn't mean much as the running gear has so little value.

A good body and interior is really special, and overseas demand has driven the price up a fair bit, but not to the extent of 240ks.

An overall ok car... $1000 bargain - $3000 ok - $4000 too much.

A super clean car... $3000 to $4000.

I had a go at selling my c210 a year back, couldn't get anywhere near decent coin for it.

Thats for C210's right?

C110 prices are more like:

A total rust bucket $1000 - $3000

An overall ok car... $4000 - $8000

A super clean car... $8000+

Absolutely.

Despite the similar running gear, weight, size, and shape, a C210 is likely to fetch half of a 240K in same-same condition, and the poor old ADM MR30 half of the c210 again.

This has very much to do with overseas demand.

If that C210 is clean and reasonably priced snap the thing up. It'll never go searching for a home for long.

a lot of these overseas buyers want the 240k coupes for the prices they were paying 10 years ago witch was bugger all .a restored coupe is worth 20,000 easy and if u dont want to pay these prices maybe u guys should be looking else were for these cars .i live in Tasmania and have owned several 240k,s over the years .10 years ago there was plenty of parts here in tas and prices were reasonable.now i cant even get the simplest of parts .the reason a number of overseas buyers collecting every part and car they can filling shipping containers and sending them overseas mainly to arab states if u want to sea how theses car a treated there take a look a u tube.

a lot of these overseas buyers want the 240k coupes for the prices they were paying 10 years ago witch was bugger all .a restored coupe is worth 20,000 easy and if u dont want to pay these prices maybe u guys should be looking else were for these cars .i live in Tasmania and have owned several 240k,s over the years .10 years ago there was plenty of parts here in tas and prices were reasonable.now i cant even get the simplest of parts .the reason a number of overseas buyers collecting every part and car they can filling shipping containers and sending them overseas mainly to arab states if u want to sea how theses car a treated there take a look a u tube.

Some vids up in the general discussions folder :cry:

yet they expect to buy them here for peanuts

Yet I get the impression (especially from the $20k comment) that the market is no higher than it is locally, so why are people bothering to steal all our cars and send them to the Middle East? The big money for C110's looks to be USA and Japan, from what I can see. I have seen several amazing C110 Coupe's on the market for ~$60k in Japan, the USA will pay $20k's no problem. I was not intending to go quite this high, but did have $15k to spend...a car didn't arrive in time, unfortunately.