IGNORED

That's my 1970 for sale...

JonnyRock

Seeing as 26 of the 30 most recent Ebay threads have been started by 72 OJ, I thought I'd preempt him.

My 1970 is now listed there, as well as on our own classifieds site. She's not perfect but she's quite nice and I'm hoping to find her a good home at a good price.

Can be seen here: 1970 Datsun 240Z - Vehicle #1704

..............It pop up a few days ago.............http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47515&p=412097#post412097 ............. The best of luck on the sale and enjoy the new toy ;) Edited by 72 OJ

Good luck on the sale. I have been studying the eBay sales since I will be marketing a 71 in the near future.

What I have seen is that there is no ryme or reason to what these cars bring on a given day.

The values seem to be based on purely personal taste of the buyers.

Then there's te question of how much do you fix or not fix, to make it presentable.

madkaw...............to fix or not to fix, just go with the traditional looks, make it road ready/safe, clean/detail to the max , tons of good pictures and a killer ad , these are my ''dos centavos'' :cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

Agreed - a ton of good pictures - that address the concerns of most informed potential buyers of Datsun 240Z's. This is a good example of a good Ad. Also agree that there is a certain amount of "timing luck" - hit the timing right and there will be two or three potential buyers with money burning a hole in their pockets - hit the timing wrong - and it has to be relisted a couple months later..

Of course there is a lot of price elasticity involved - price it low enough and it will sell.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Nice looking car, JR. Ad looks great and the link to the photos are working well for the close up photos. Interesting sunroof, don't think I've seen one done that well yet. The fact that it's power is also pretty awesome. Do you have any photos of the headliner and switch you can share with us before she sells?

I can take some photos mike, sure. It's non-op currently, I've got a repair guy sourcing a new cable. But when it did work, it was awesome. I know that in general sunroofs are considered to lower the value on these cars, but this one's gotta be experienced. It's very slick.