IGNORED

It's on the site!

george71z

OK. My totaled '71 is finally up on the Cranky Ape web site.

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DisItems&Cat=11&locID=18

It obviously doesn't run, but has a wealth of parts. There is a Crane cam in the head; The motor is out of a '72 and was rebuilt about 45,000 miles ago. Dash is mint; was recovered back in '92 and has NO cracks or blemishes. All gauges work, incl. the clock. Relays installed for the H/L's and fog lights. Crane XR-7000 electronic ignition. Taillights have been refurbished and are like new. Hatch is an original series 1, with the vents. (car was built in 2/71, so they were using leftover parts) There is no rust on any body panel. The entire right side is intact and undamaged. A.R.E. Libre wheels with brand new Sumitomo tires on them. The ad says it has a 5-speed; it's a 4-speed. I'm sure it will go cheap. Just needs to be transported to wherever you live, and dismantled. It is located at their site in Valdosta, Ga. Please, any east coast Z folk; don't let this go to a crusher. If you have the room and the time, this wreck will pay you back many times over. Auction closes on October 3.

I have been totally compensated. We are all settled. I just don't want my past 21 yrs. of labor to be crushed. I tried to buy it back, but they were asking too much; and I just can't do what I did 20 yrs. ago. I know this can be of use to anyone with a 240. There is just too much good stuff in there.

Carl, I just couldn't let the Webers go. The console is there; just not in place. The engine/tranny got shifted to the right in the collision, and I pulled the console to see if I could get the car back in neutral. (shift lever was jammed against the tunnel) ARE's are 14".

Same here George, it's difficult to see such a beautiful car in that shape! I'm glad that you weren't injured in the wreck. Do you have plans to purchase another Z? The ARE Libre wheels are my favorite and I'd love to own a set of them some day. Speaking of the center console, I could use another ash tray/fuse cover for my '71 project. Mine came broken from the previous owner. Hope this car finds a good home!

Robert S.