IGNORED

Considering selling the Z...

JonnyRock

Well thats a low serial number, original Z, you should be able to get good money for her. I would think at least 12-15k?

That's what I'm hoping. It's quite original (any mods done are easily reversible), in great condition, and I got a huge amount of previous owner documents, spare parts, updated parts I've never installed, etc.

Good luck, I can see why you'd jump. The BRZ is a nicely thought out build. I had a 240sx years ago(reminds me of what they are tying to market now with the BRZ, RWD affordable sporty car) I logged 100k miles in that car, swore i'd never sell it but when the drift scene got big, the cops got noticeably more in tune with what it was , it was pretty much a sleeper car down the stock alloy mags but it was packing all the right stuff underneath, RB20, teins etc etc, keep in mind this was when hardly any of the population here even knew what the hell drifting was or what an RB motor was and motor swaps were way exotic. I paid $450 for that RB package with the harness and trans, I didn't have to source a single running component for that motor set. However I couldn't deal with fuzz it drew after all the people went crazy over drifting I had to get out the S13 was a marked car. I hope that isn't how it ends up with these cars because they are very well suited for drifting and i'm sure there will be plenty who back them into a ditch trying. I like them, I'm 32 and it does appeal to me very much. I came really close to signing the paper on one but I like my old Z' too much to let one go. Let us know how you end up making out with the sale, thats a really nice Z.

Edited by MotoManMike
forgot

The BRZ will easily outrun and outhandle your old Z, but it will never outclass it. I had my scuffy '72 out today doing a couple of errands, and as always it got a lot of looks. It is still thrilling to drive...the smell of gas and exhaust (all REAL sports cars have that), the exhaust note, the mildly stiff ride, and the better-than-average acceleration. I'm going to upgrade the diff., install a 5 speed, and repaint it. Old Zs are a blast for numerous reasons...new sports cars just don't have the same mystique, and you can't fix them or tune them yourself.