IGNORED

First time for everything

SteveJ

I don't put too much into the cosmetics of my cars. I try to keep up mechanically and electrically, and that's pretty much it. My 73 once received a 3rd place trophy at a show. Yeah, there were only 4 S30s present. LOL You should have seen the rolling collection of rust that was the 4th car.

Anyway, I was at Caffeine & Octane yesterday. It's incredible how many great cars show up month after month. I was hanging out with some people from this board & some Georgia Z Club members through the show. Most everybody had left, and I was getting ready to leave when some people came by to admire my car. They even wanted to get their pictures taken sitting in it. It's nice to see the appreciation for the cars, so I let them. I've never seen so much interest in my old beaters.

Maybe when I'm not working all of the time, I might even put some effort into making the old Z cars look good again.

By the way, for you Atlanta area people, try to come out for Caffeine & Octane. You'll be glad you did.

Steve,

Those folks certainly thought more of your car than "old beater", and rightly so. They weren't the only ones. There was the guy in the 350 who pulled up to one 240 and then your 260 to take photos with them. He knew the ancestry of his car. Yours is a fine example of a 39 year old car, including the baby poop brown color http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/images/smilies/msn-style/wink_smile.gif. (not just lirking today).

Steve,...There was the guy in the 350 who pulled up to one 240 and then your 260 to take photos with them. He knew the ancestry of his car. ... http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/images/smilies/msn-style/wink_smile.gif. (not just lirking today).

Those are the kind that give 350Z owners a good name! Most seem to have neither any idea or any interest.

Actually, there is usually a pretty good contingent of new Zs, Gs & Skylines at Caffeine & Octane, and many of the owners do have an appreciation for the older generations. At past events they were just fine with me parking in their group.

hopefully soon. posted up a few pics in another thread. almost done sanding and skim coating then its just paint and re asemble. I have all of my parts besides a rear view mirror glass that I need to send to NY to get re-silvered. Working on installing the HVAC system right now on my lunch break.

This really is a great show. I have pictures of the Caffeine and Octane back to 2011. There was a great group of cars out there this weekend. Especially the S30's. I haven't seen that much Datsun presence since the last Z Club Meeting :) To Steve's point there were some really nice cars out there as well as some we hadn't seen before. I talked with a guy from HybridZ who just picked up a sweet 240Z from Austin, TX, hopefully we see him at the next show or at least the next Club meeting. He moved it from Austin to Marietta.

As for the younger generation in the new generation Z cars. These guys are a new generation of car guy (and Girl) and I wonder if thats how we looked to the older guys when we were young?

I have found my car on all kinds of websites, some "what not to drive" but hey its exposure right? LOL