IGNORED

1978 280Z Fuel Pouring From Throttle Body

Irish Wake

Zed sorry for my lack of clarity, I disconnected the solenoid wire from the starter and then turned the key to the start (crank) position and could hear the fuel pump run.

I have till the end of next week to figure it out, I spoke to John Williams and I will bring it to him if I can't solve it by Monday.

I will check the constant voltage tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks again for all your help

Randy

Update! First of all Thanks for this forum and everyone that helped me.

The car is running better then ever, I never realized how poorly it was running till now. In no particular order here is what I did I don't know what the original problem was but it is running great now.

New cold start injector

New thermo time switch

Six new injectors

Adjusted valves

New reciever/dryer (only part not replaced 2 years ago when I got the A/C system working)

New AFM boots

New spark plugs

New distributor cap and rotor

Any way thanks again to everyone

Randy

That's the old raise the radiator cap and back another car under there and lower the cap. Just kidding! Those new injectors should really help. Put a Fram G3 fuel filter from walmart, $4 bucks, between the tank and the pump and keep all the new goodies nice and clean. Nice work, do it right the first time.

Update! First of all Thanks for this forum and everyone that helped me.

The car is running better then ever, I never realized how poorly it was running till now. In no particular order here is what I did I don't know what the original problem was but it is running great now.

New cold start injector

New thermo time switch

Six new injectors

Adjusted valves

New reciever/dryer (only part not replaced 2 years ago when I got the A/C system working)

New AFM boots

New spark plugs

New distributor cap and rotor

Any way thanks again to everyone

Randy

All smart moves from my point of view, the car will give you many more years of solid running now.

Normally I would say throwing parts at the problem is a waist of money, but most of the items you described are common replacements for a tune up and maintenance, but what do you think the main culprit was? glad to here you're up and running again. How much did the injectors set you back?