IGNORED

Does you 'Significant Other' drive your Z?

Zvoiture

Does your 'significat other' drive your Z?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Does your 'significat other' drive your Z?

• All the time!
    • Has no desire
    • I wouldn't let him/her
    • Can't drive a stick!
    • I don't have a S/O.

My wife drives me home if we go to a party and I "forget myself".She may drive it 6 miles per year. Hey,2many,I didn't know you had one that you could actually drive!ROFL Smokie,Say all you want but once you take the vows of "holy headlock" It all changes.I would take the bet she will drive that car.She may even use it to take the clothes of your's that are taking up "her " closet space to the salvation army. Deny if you wish. We that have walked in those shoes know the true story! ROFL ROFL Daniel

I voted "she has no interest", but she really does love the Z cars, just not the driving! (that's okay)

I did teach her to *drive my stick*, but she prefers to ride along- i think she's afraid of those 30 year old gremlins that cause things to quit. Susie likes a very reliable driver:classic:

I must say she loves cars (almost as much as me), and that's a very important thing in a relationship. She does love the sound & the ride, so i'll always have a crusing companion:love:

FWIW, my 73 is an auto, so when i strip/paint it so it looks respectable, she'll probably drive that in the summer.

I voted "all the time" because my wife has asked "permission" to drive my Z and I told her she drive it anytime she wanted. She's only driven it twice so far. Though, she does say she likes the way you don't have to downshift out of 4th to pass someone. Just step on the gas and go.

She is a car buff like me. Her Dad told her long ago that "in order to drive all the really cool cars, you'll have to learn to drive stick." She's got a thing for Fiats, though. Specifically a '68 Spyder and the X1/9's. Had one of each. Hell she even had a 4x4 Ranger w/ a 5" lift in High School! :surprised

I'm comfortable with her driving my car because I know she is capable. She's even slightly mechanically inclined, which I'm grateful for.

I let her drive it the day I brought her home.. her enjoyment at hitting the gas scared me but her hatred of the no power steering was enough to calm me down. I want her to drive it once just in case she ever has to, but as the baby grows inside her that seat bealt just isn't comfy anymore so it'll be a while before she rides in it again.

Dwight

True story...

I tried to teach my wife how to drive a manual transmission back in 1984, in my then two year old Dodge Charger 2.2. She was doing just fine until I mentioned to her that she might want to slow down a little (she was doing 80+ in a 40MPH zone...) When she realized how fast she was going, she planted her right foot on the brake pedal and just stopped, stalling the engine. LOL Then she jumped out and refused to get back in the car until I returned to the driver's seat.

I answered the poll "She can't drive." Can't drive a stick == can't drive in my book. But that means that 90% of American's can't drive... accurate I guess.

I bought my son a VW Fox specifically to force him to learn to drive a manual... but those cars won't stay together for a week, so it is gone. :-(

When I get the 240Z running it will be the first manual transmission car I have been allowed to own since 86' (The Fox was my son's...)