Nigel Mulvey's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Nigel Mulvey

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nigel Mulvey

  1. The carbs didn't sell, obviouly I was asking too much. I have relisted them at a lower price. If you are interested you will find them at: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484277364&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Cheers, Nigel
  2. The carbs didn't sell, obviouly I was asking too much. I have relisted them at a lower price. If you are interested you will find them at: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484277364&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Cheers, Nigel
  3. I have listed a pair of near new British SU's that I had on my 240 on e-bay. Anyone interested will find them at: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2483830039&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Cheers,
  4. Thanks for the info Bruce. I heve posted them on e-bay using the info you supplied so if they don't sell it's all your fault!!!:classic: (just joking). Any interested parties can find the auction here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2483830039&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
  5. Those 8 tracks were something else weren't they. My father had one but only three cartridges - Perry Como, Bing Crosby and the Carpenters.:stupid:
  6. Thanks Alpha, They are rather cool aren't they. They looked especially good in the green 2+2.
  7. They are from my the 240 engine I had in the car I recently sold. Because the engine was a bit noisy I had put a rebuilt 260 in. I included the 240 engine in the sale because it was original but I kept the carbs because there was already a set on the 260 engine. Confused .... ? Me too. Bottom line is Yes they will suit a 240.
  8. Oops, sorry. That wasn't from the other side. I'll post some other photo's later - got to take them first.
  9. I have a pair of SU's I want to list on e-bay but I need some assistance in describing them. They are British SU's and have the following numbers stamped in various locations PDC2A, AUD9, AUD2140 and AUD2277. They are only a few years old and are in perfect condition (Photo attached). Does anyone know if there is a generic model number that I can use in my advert tag? Thanks in advance.
  10. I have just listed a few Z accessories on e-bay. For your reference they are at the following addresses: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5705739572&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5705739812&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2482613845&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 and http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2252130535&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
  11. Nigel Mulvey posted a gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  12. I wouldn't try it on the vinyl but to remove the glue from the bodywork, spray it with WD40 leave it for a while and then just wipe it away. I tried heaps of things to remove muine then a friend told me about the WD40 it was amazing. Hope it helps,
  13. Nigel Mulvey replied to Zvoiture's topic in Polls
    I'm stripping thw 260 with chemical stripper. This was a budget based decision as to have it media blasted was going to cost me >AUS2K. It's nowhere near as painful as I was led to believe and I retain control.
  14. Hey George save that fuel for your car, don't waste it you'll need it.
  15. There is a link in one of the earlier posts on this thread to the Courtesy Nissan website which is where I ordered the bushings from. I got the Tokico shocks from e-bay, but didn't change the springs. In case you missed the link here it is again: http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=7-18101G Regards, Nigel
  16. 1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto! The blockage will be almost instantly removed. 2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away. 3. Avoid arguments with the missus about lifting the toilet seat by simply going in the sink. 4. High blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a while, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. 5. A mousetrap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep when you hit the snooze button. 6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough. 7. Have a bad toothache? Hit your thumb with a hammer, then you will forget about the toothache. Sometimes we Just Need to Remember What The Rules of Life Really Are... You need only two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are "I apologize" and "You are right." Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. If You Woke up Breathing, Congratulations! You have another chance!
  17. Nigel Mulvey posted a topic in Funnybone
    I hope this hasn't been posted already: A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handy-woman and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house, and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do. "Well, you can paint my porch," he said, "How much will you charge me?" The blonde, after looking about, responded, "How about $50?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and other materials that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?" The man replied, "She should; she was standing on it. Do you think she's dumb?" "No. I guess I'm guilty of being influenced by all the 'dumb blonde' joke emails we've been receiving." A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money. "You're finished already?" the husband asked. "Yes," the blonde replied, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats." Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50.00 and handed it to her. "And by the way," the blonde added, "it's not a Porch, it's a Lexus."
  18. Nigel Mulvey replied to Gee's topic in Open Chit Chat
    I have a centre console out of a 260 available. It is in pretty good condition apart from the obligatory crack next to the choke lever. PM me if you would like to know more.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.