IGNORED

Classic CM: “My Baby and Me� Mitsubishi Cordia ad by Randy Crawford

Mike

Japanese Nostalgic Car Has Just Posted the Following:

06-29-2012 12:32 AM

Mitsubishi had big plans for*Tredia/Cordia*twins when they debuted in 1982. The Triple Diamond Zaibatsu was ready to go mainstream with a front-wheel-drive compact, the wave of the future! Mitsu went as far as commissioning renowned album cover artist Shusei Nagaoka*to … Continue reading →

Click here to view the article.

My wife and I owned two Cordias back in the eighties. A 1984, and then we bought a new 1987. Nice handling car that gave us many miles trouble free.

I wanted a turbo, but that didn't come in auto. Wife wanted auto so that is what we got.;)Had all the turbo accessories fitted, plus more. Looked real sharp.

Great little car in my opinion.

I was and still am more into jazz/R&B then I was into Mitsubishi commercials but do I recall the singer. Randy Crawford has a wonderful voice. She was somewhat popular in the aforementioned genre both here in the U.S. and in Europe beginning in the mid 70s. The song 'Street Life' which she sang with the jazz group 'The Crusaders' around 1979 or 1980 IIRC would probably be her most succesful release. She toured with them in Europe as well as being the 'Most Outstanding Performer' at the 1980 Tokyo Music Festival which is quite an achivement within her genre. That's likely how she caught the attention of whomever was responsible for the Mitsubishi commercial.