IGNORED

Newest addition to the garage.

Diseazd

Sorry guys....the auto tranny has to go. No documentation to say it was an automatic tranny car though.....no one will know. I'm going to put the modified L28 block with L24 crank, rods, P79 .040 over pistons. P79 shaved head with the Isky Stage III cam. The engine will look like the stock engine with Z Therapy S/U's......just don't read the numbers. The original engine will sit on an engine stand to remain available for retro-fit if needed. When the engine is out, I'll polish up the original paint under the hood, so everything is original. The bumper over-riders and louvers have been removed....Denver Bumper will fill those holes and re chrome the bumpers to stock specs. The paint on the outside will remain, however the dents (and there are more than meets the eye) will be rubbed out as much as possible by the Dent Wizard. A front spook will be added as well as Panasport wheels. The following thread illustrates how nice the last auto tranny swap worked. Thanks for all suggestions.......http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread40158.html

Denver Bumper charges $120.00 for each end section and $140.00 for the center bar....... that includes filling the holes and a beautiful chrome application. I haven't had them do a front bumper yet, so I'm guessing $180.00. They do great work and they shipped in 8 days.

Carl may know......This makes two transition Z's for me. The 71 has the vent on the pillars instead of the tailgate. It has an early tranny and short drive shaft. The 72 has the long drive shaft and late tranny, but the early rear window and seat belts. It has the later console.

• 3 weeks later...
Denver Bumper charges $120.00 for each end section and $140.00 for the center bar....... that includes filling the holes and a beautiful chrome application. I haven't had them do a front bumper yet, so I'm guessing $180.00. They do great work and they shipped in 8 days.

Hi Guy,

Sounds like Denver Bumper has raised their prices since I last had them do some work for me. The last time I had them do a front bumper about 2 years ago, it was $250.00.