IGNORED

BEWARE --- Urethane bushing kits on Ebay for $99

I'm going to give those of you who haven't purchased the Prothane kit (yet) fair warning.

The $99 price on these kits is a smokin' deal.

BUT...before you buy it, you need to ask yourself, "Do I have the 20-30 hours needed to actual INSTALL all of this?" The tools? The patience?

I've gotten perhaps 30% through the box so far... and find I greatly prefer DRIVING this car to having it up on ramps, me on the ground wrestling with 2 floor jacks, one bottle jack, two pry bars, 1/2" impact gun....

..and where is all that swearing coming from?

A pain in the a$$ for sure. I've gotten all but the "A" shaped control arms on each wheel and I think a break will be good. When I change out the struts I'll try and finish my box. The grease is the un-greasiest stuff I've ever seen, it's more like silicone and sticks to everything. I'm thinking of lubricating my fuel injector seals with it. I paid $159 for the later 280 complete set so $99 is a great deal. A small bottle jack was the most helpful tool for me.

I installed ES poly bushings everywhere (rubber on rear of TC rod) in my 260Z a year ago. It took some effort but they feel great. Besides that, I used a generous amount of the supplied grease and have had zero squeaks. The grease is marine-grade and won't dry out, degrade or squeak like the other stuff.

I love my bushing kit. Well worth the effort in the long run. Used the grease supplied with no problems.

I still have a few things to do but will get to that when the coil-over are ready.

Need to re built the rear end completely.

After all the help I have given in the past few weeks to my car club I expect a hand here and there.

I installed ES poly bushings everywhere (rubber on rear of TC rod) in my 260Z a year ago. It took some effort but they feel great. Besides that, I used a generous amount of the supplied grease and have had zero squeaks. The grease is marine-grade and won't dry out, degrade or squeak like the other stuff.

Is there a source where I can buy the special grease? I did my suspension many years ago and it now squeaks like crazy for the first 1/4 mile of driving. I need to regrease everything.

EDIT: Nevermind. A quick search netted me this. http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.11104

Edited by Jeff G 78

I think you might have a hard time getting a zerk to put grease in all the places you want it in these bushings. Easy to get grease to the outer shell/bushing interface but its not going to make it to the inner bushing/sleeve interface. There's no side containment... I did put zerks on my front sway bar shells to see if that helps down the road. Thanks to another member for that suggestion

Somewhere on suspension.com they mention rifling the inner bushing using a tap to create a spiral channel to hold grease on the inner bushing/sleeve interface. This should keep grease in that space for a long time.

Edited by zKars