IGNORED

1970 240z uk project

Jason240z

8 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Stealthy. So what was it about the AP calipers that you liked more than the standard Wilwood  stuff?

In no order.

history, quality, looks, fit, details, colour, weight.  The thing that really did it was that their such a proven caliper in all situations.  Look a little more correct also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally got the car back again.  I had to get all the 'new' paint stripped/engine bay shot cleaned and done again as I had Micro blistering.  Killed by joy for the car for a while.

However its back again now, looking better than ever.  Painter did his best to keep the panel edges crisp where I asked.  Engine bay detail on the paint is about 10x better.

k8i12kr.jpg

c5p61di.jpg

P0X2eq0.jpg

IGkocu9.jpg

4qHikw5.jpg

34p8RYI.jpg

IARKJWq.jpg

QOrqOJ4.jpg

xPvsWxl.jpg

kjs3mQX.jpg

• Like 2

While its been away, i've been gathering the rest of the parts needed.

I decided to go down the Kameari route for engine parts, good value and the best history for our cars.

V1b6gG4.jpg

9gyTD6v.jpg

P1ax2Kt.jpg

Dc5S4YX.jpg

The best thing is the weight saving with forged rods and Kameari pistons

5166g overall vs 6972std.

34.9593495934(ish)% lighter than stock. All rotating mass. Amazing really given that they're both 'budget' options.

Hubs have been made up, struggled with the rears binding, all correct castings and the correct distance piece, ended with with a copper shim to allow nut torque but free rotation.

I've worked out discs for the front.  All fits under a 14" wheel, without wheel spacers.

Cq3pTTT.jpg

Ayrrjfj.jpg

wZv4MIX.jpg

Not decided on wheel colour.  I fancy a clash with the orange so I might go a green or gold shade.

DGu3KJP.jpg

0JT1xZu.jpg

4gp0H3g.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

Any ideas what caused the blistering? Rust? Solvent entrapment?

The rotors are cool looking with that fish hook type grooving

Its not rust!  it was 100000% rust free, looks like moisture in the airline for the paint.  Gutted wasn't the word.  it means its spent over 3 years in paint shops!

That's the past though, I can look forward to putting it together now.