IGNORED

Nice original owner '72 survivor on Ebay with no reserve

24 Ounces

72OJ...a "5 and Dime" is on the list for my next "big waste of money" (girlfriend's words, not mine). Most of them are just bombed out shells, but one of these days I'll get lucky and find a good one. Is your 240 on the "Color Registry" yet (my term for it...I have been adding some cars and colorizing them, incl. the interiors...interesting to see the surviving 240s all together). Use the below link to access...

http://www.editgrid.com/user/mlwilliams/Z_Car_Registry

Jason240Z...I looked Lincoln, England up on Wikipedia...beautiful and historic area east of Sheffield and south of Leeds. Nice Z...it looks dead stock...are you planning a conversion to RHD?...and are the parts even available? I know there were not a lot of 240s sold in the UK, so rusty RHD donor cars are probably rare and expensive. I've driven on the wrong side of the road in England, and got used to it after a few days. I'm sure driving a LHD car there would be somewhat of a challenge. Glad you're in the club. Below link is for the Yanks reading this...

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/england/lincoln-map.htm

I'm going to leave it LHD, it means if I do sell it the 'other' Europeans would be interested in it, also i'd prefer to keep it as it started off! Driving a LHD car isn't too bad, it just means overtakes have to be planned a little further in advance.

My plans are to restore the interior, fit new suspension/brakes, a lumpy cam and a little headwork. Basically just a good refresh. A few bits of surface rust to sort out but nothing major, just surface and 1 dogleg. Its wearing its original panels and you can still see the factory spot welds everywhere. The only rust free UK cars are American cars that have been converted.

I think there's about 5 240's for sale at any one time, a few more that have made it over from your shores.

I've currently got the dash out to sort some wiring niggles and fit a full dash cover..... this could be a long journey! :)

There must be about 100 cars a year making their way over here, They tend to be at the upper end condition wise(body I mean), with tired interiors etc.
I've been watching this a bit since my car sold. Totally unscientific, of course, just word-of-forums kind of stuff. Besides the cars going to the UK, I've heard of several nice examples sold to the Middle East, and a few others (besides mine) going to Scandinavia.

As I said, if we Americans aren't willing to pay good money for the premium cars, there will be fewer premium cars in the USA. Shipping them overseas is too easy, and they are even rarer overseas than they are here. It's a world market now.

Point well illustrated. I've been noticing the trend as well, but did not realize the scope. US Zs coming into the world market will definitely make their value go up if more and more Zs get shipped overeseas. Interesting...