IGNORED

ebay user "Reddat" in Houston

Ben's Z

I have used reddat several times over the years. His name is George Robbins. His shipping was always crazy high but he seems to have come down a bit. A few times he sent me the wrong item but he reimbursed me the shipping back to him. I only use him when there is no one else....but he has always come through for me. Oh.....he never leaves the buyer feedback on e-bay....don't know why????

I have used reddat several times over the years. His name is George Robbins. His shipping was always crazy high but he seems to have come down a bit. A few times he sent me the wrong item but he reimbursed me the shipping back to him. I only use him when there is no one else....but he has always come through for me. Oh.....he never leaves the buyer feedback on e-bay....don't know why????

Lazy.

Have bought several items from him through ebay and have always got exactly what I signed up for with absolutely no problems. Shipping prices were high but I was pre warned about that through this forum. He is honest, efficient, reliable.

With a little more leg work and research you can do better prices and I generally prefer to deal with MSA but I feel that you can also deal with Reddat with confidence.

FWIW

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

There is another "guy" on Ebay that is REAL REAL PROUD of his Z-parts! he's called "Z Connection" ! I can't believe that he gets what he "ask's" for his NOS stuff??? A long time ago I was in the car business in Texas and we used to have a saying: "Where Two FOOLS met"......Him for askin it...and the other guy for payin it !! Guess that if one has a "show-car"...( TRAILER QUEEN), one MUST pay the crazy prices... What works for my 71 Z (95% of the time) is that I own 2 additional 240Z's there just for parts!

I don't have a problem with people charging inflated prices for items because it's our choice if we want to pay it or not. He has other issues that upset me. I purchased an automatic shift handle from him that about a 2yrs ago. It was supposed to be NOS. It was not the same one that he had in the Ebay photo that he keeps using every week for over a 2 years now. It was used and had a large crack in the base. He stuffed it into a box that was way to small, so part of it stuck out which he covered with tape. I paid about 5x the actual shipping cost which wasn't listed (but again I wanted it). When I called him on it not being the one in the photo and broken he said it was perfect when he sent it and that I had to deal with the post office and that he couldn't help me and would not take it back or refund my money. The post office of course refused to do anything when they saw the ridiculous box.

He lied about it being NOS & Perfect.

Charged crazy shipping charges.

Refused to back up his description.

Continues to use false photos.

I read all the negatives about him but when you want something bad enough you make foolish decisions.

He still has the shifter handle on every other week with the same photo.

Check out the thread thats titled "Ebay Seller" for other comments on him.

After all that would I still use him? Haven't since but sometimes rational thought goes away when you need an item badley enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently bought from him, smooth transaction, part was cheaper than the dealer, who didn't have it, shipping was $4.95 USPS flat rate and he shipped it UPS. I got it 2 days later with no issues and he left positive feedback. Now there is a guy called mrclassics, he shipped me the wrong parts, not what he pictred or described and busted my balls over it, watch out for him.

I bought from reddat once and that was more than enough. Lied about the parts, description was misleading, shipping has always been very high, and he refused to offer a refund/exchange for the parts. Will never buy from him again.

• 1 month later...