IGNORED

Need pics of triple mikuni linkage-especially from firewall

madkaw

I have Webers, not Mikunis, but I second Mitchell's recommendation to get rid of the stock linkage and go with a cable system from pedal to throttle shaft.

I purchased a setup (from Top End Performance) made to bolt up to a Weber but fairly generic otherwise, and the difference is like night and day. I too kept the old linkage, mostly for posterities sake. However, I never see it going back on my car.

Mike.

I have always had much success with the original linkage. If there is slop or stickiness in it, it's worn out, dirty, or maladjusted. Setup correctly, it should be as good as a cable.

If you NEED to replace worn stock parts, then you might as well go to a cable though.

Here is a little detail that I conjured up to assure a solid connection at the weakest link.

87171637_8VVFi-M.jpg

Silicone rubber hose to replace the weak spring.

Edited by cygnusx1

• 2 weeks later...

Never throw anything away and you might just have the right piece for a fix later..

I rummaged around in my scrap and found this linkage stuff-probably from an old Holley and I just welded it to the SU rod.

The linkage is very smooth and works suprisingly well-to be tested yet on the road.

post-7622-1415081777828_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150817778489_thumb.jpg

Leon,

I've had these triples for years, but I have tried not to rush to put these on just for your stated reason. I dynoed my SU's at Zcon 2010 and I was impressed that on a 98 degree day and conservative timing and badly balanced carbs the little L24 put out 155RWHP. I have already removed the triples since I was only doing a mock up for my CAI and linkage. Yesterday I threw the SU's back on and hopefully have her running again soon.

I made a significant cam timing change(advanced) and this would not be the time to try and dial in new carbs. Hopefully this spring I will do my final dynoing on the SU's and get the triples on. I do want to do a direct comparison to see what changes the triples make with no other changes.

Leon,

I've had these triples for years, but I have tried not to rush to put these on just for your stated reason. I dynoed my SU's at Zcon 2010 and I was impressed that on a 98 degree day and conservative timing and badly balanced carbs the little L24 put out 155RWHP. I have already removed the triples since I was only doing a mock up for my CAI and linkage. Yesterday I threw the SU's back on and hopefully have her running again soon.

I made a significant cam timing change(advanced) and this would not be the time to try and dial in new carbs. Hopefully this spring I will do my final dynoing on the SU's and get the triples on. I do want to do a direct comparison to see what changes the triples make with no other changes.

Nice, looking forward to it! I need to go back to the dyno as well to see what difference my Motorsports header and twice pipes made.

It's been kind of torture holding off , but I really want to see gains - not from a butt dyno. We do have similar set ups as far as header and MSA pipe. You need to update your signature because I can't remember what else you running:)

I'm hoping in the early spring or sooner( when I have money) to get to the dyno. Then the SU's go up for sale and I move on to triples