IGNORED

Should I replace injectors?

rcb280z

I thought the injectors are supplied with 3 volts from the dropping resistors to open them. I would have thought 9 volts was too much power. Hmmm, that makes it easier for me to rig something. Great idea's here. I love this forum! Blue, how did you back flow? Did you just spray the "cleaner used" into the oposite end of the injector, through the nozzle out the hose?

I made a 6 injector bench with graduated cylinders, stock pump, fpr, valves, dropping resistors fuel filters and switches.

For back flowing I just stuck the injector's snout up the rubber hose (where the barb usually goes) and clamped it.

Here is a quick and dirty diy set up I thought of that does not even need a fuel pump:

1. Air Pig or plant sprayer pumping device or compressor

2. air coupling hose to a fluid reservoir

3. air valve before fuel reservoir

4. fuel hose from fuel reservoir to injector

5. wet valve between reservoir and injector

6. low voltage source to open the injector

Basically the airpig/plant sprayer/compressor pushes the fluid though the injector.

If you can adapt a piston or bladder you may even be able to use domestic water pressure.

Edited by Blue

Genius!

As for the so-so ultrasonic cleaning results... Did you hold the injector open while it was in the ultrasonic bath?

Do the early Z's have filter screens in them? It's been many moon since I messed with 280 injectors.

Yes I pulsed the injectors in the bath and also held them open.

Yes they have removable screens.