IGNORED

Camshaft Oil Spray Bar Redesign and Rebuild

Nite_Grind, Got your PM. Sorry I was out of town.

Did you have any luck getting in touch with that guy on HybridZ at that new phone number? Hopefully he hooked you up, but if not, I sent you a PM back with some info.

CO,

hope you enjoyed the vaca. I did get your pm, and I did reply. I was able to find the billet bar, so for now I will just grab that one. Thank You for still being around man. I'm so glad I stumbled upon you both. Rare gems like these help preserve the oem look but with a great improvement to quality and durability.

I laughed at their pricing. I saw that, while looking for the original pioneers of the spray bar.

Excellent. Glad you got hooked up with the billet bar. Of course, the design isn't as good as mine, but it's not like I'm actively seeking out opportunities to make more! :)

So what was the contact info that work for the billet source?

I'll actually contact you for one of yours in the future, still have a L31 to build hahaha. God willing neither of us vanish, LOL. So put one aside on hold for me. :D I simply chose the billet unit because I struck a deal with Larry prior. If we would have communicated sooner it would have been the other way around.

Larry Hassler can be reached at: larryracer240z@gmail.com or (626) 485-5767.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello captain, I am waiting for my recently purchased 260 to show up from Colorado. It is in transit as we speak. While my car was waiting for the shippers to show up I had the local datsun experts do a valve adjustment. When the valve cover came off, guess what? Yep, I have a 'going bad' oiler tube. Would you consider fabricating one more billet set up? Could you PM me when you can? Thank you, James

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Any of these available? I can't believe this idea hasn't been more in demand. Though my cam is internally oiled, there are still many others that still run these .

anyhow- I'm looking for a replacement on a customers car. Let me know

Not sure of the cuttoff date but my 6/72 240z has the early and my early 75 280z has the improved, later spray bar. Both cars are lo mile original cars so I think the bars are original. I have found a few of the later improved bars on ebay.

Here is the early with the aluminum (I think) blocks that fail and allow the spray tubes to become loose and leak.

Early oil spray bar- Ebay

Here is the later, improved.

Later improved spray bar- ebay