IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Actually it was my son Alex in his '78 280Z. He was rear-ended in his Nissan Titan a couple of weeks ago and briefly commented about the never-ending Tulsa road construction while driving his Z. They appear around 1:00 into the video.

http://www.fox23.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=3593033&navCatId=19942

Here's the Z sitting in the driveway in Houston last Labor Day.

post-15068-14150819447045_thumb.jpg

I worked on my most recent Z upgrade. I've got an L28ET i've replaced the oil pan, oil pan gasket, front main and rear main seals, timing set, i've painted the passenger side, now i'm working on the intake exhaust side before swapping. Its getting there, slowly. I did take the soon to be transplanted Z for a spirited ride today too. Its 100 degrees here and it never thought about running hot which is very good. I have some concern about the oil pressure fluctuations in that car from idle to 3000 rpm. Its all over the place. Not a huge concern as that motor will be on the stand soon enough :)

post-26581-14150819500684_thumb.jpg

post-26581-14150819501363_thumb.jpg

After adjusting carbs too rich and fouling plugs, tried again a month later, got it too rich and lost top end. Finally a real Datsun mechanic fiddled with the mix nut for 30 seconds and I was burning a little rubber again. That was yesterday. Except there was a slight hesitation every time when accelerating from a stop. Figured it was still a little too lean. Last night put new elements in the clear fuel filters, one by the newly refreshed tank and one before the mech fuel filter, but didn't touch the mix. Also tightened up all the clamps in the engine bay, vac and fuel lines. So today took a long test drive - accelerator response problem gone completely. Forgot the "fix one thing at a time" rule, so no idea what fixed it. Ready for those noisy Civics again though...