Internet Etiquette - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Internet Etiquette

Featured Replies

I saw this the other day on my favorite website and thought I would share it. It seems like people on the internet, and occasionally here, have become neglectful of common grammar and spelling. I am not trying to start an argument but it makes a good point.

Carl

post-11951-14150817165814_thumb.jpg

I fully agree with point you're making. I recemty got jumped on by a fairly new member on something very similar. In fact, 5thorsemann and psdenno came to my defense. I forgot to thank them so....thanks.

Thanks Carl for keeping me straight. I ain't never gonna make them mistakes agane. Doh!

  • Author

Hah! I'm not trying to yell at people! With the invention of texting and instant messaging, people tend to forget punctuation and proper spelling. I have reached the age where all those young whippersnappers chap my arse sometimes. :-)

Carl

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm tell'n ya. With the advent of the fancy electronics, speeling and punctation have gone all to hell.

CULPABLE,,,,,,, I will make efforts to remedy my future posts .

And let's not forget the importance of punctuation.

"Let's eat, Grandpa." That is a statement that might come from a loving family member.

"Let's eat Grandpa." That is a statement that might come from depraved cannibal.

U r rite. I can't stand the lazy code people use when typing and texting. A typo is one thing, but poor grammar and sentence structure are making us third worlders. By the way, Steve, your example reminded me of that Twilight Zone episode, "To Serve Man".

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.