IGNORED

Help! SU carbs...(of course) idle is at 1800 can't bring it down....

GCSS

I had one on there earlier when the car was running better than it is now. At this point I don't need one of them until I get the engine settled down some. It is just way too wild right now. I either have a leak or possibly unbalanced piston/needle assemblies or both. I am going to Church right now and will be back around 1:00 CST. I went to blue's videos and they are good. I plan to utilize them when I get home.

thanks

Dave

well...we are rolling again!

I believe it was the needle up too far into the piston.

I got it to idle now . I adjusted it good enough to go to town and back. good...very good performance. low to no load is crappy though. I'm not going to worry about that until I adjust the valves and get the airflow meter back, and rebuild them and check the floats. at least the idle isn't gone wild anymore. THANKYOU!!!!!

you're a real champ!

Thanks again! Blue!!

Dave

• 9 years later...
On 10/9/2011 at 7:49 AM, GCSS said:

I had one on there earlier when the car was running better than it is now. At this point I don't need one of them until I get the engine settled down some. It is just way too wild right now. I either have a leak or possibly unbalanced piston/needle assemblies or both. I am going to Church right now and will be back around 1:00 CST. I went to blue's videos and they are good. I plan to utilize them when I get home.

thanks

Dave

What videos are you talking about? My Z currently idles at 3k RPMs.

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Mine did that after I rebuilt the motor and put everything back together. I got the linkage flats beside the carbs in the wrong order. Shot up to 3K at start up.

Here's a picture you can double check 

That was it thank you!

Now to tune the carbs!!!

Thank you all for your help 🙂

• Like 1