IGNORED

Its so pretty!!!!

cbudvet

The headers are from MSA and the mechanic said he was pretty impressed with the build quality of them. He measured the length of each pipe and they were all equal which he said was impressive as he has seen many headers that aren't as tuned as nicely. The mechanic does great work but I do have a couple of small issues. I had put a fair amount of work into cleaning and painting the metal fan the original color and the guy painted the fan blue like the engine block. I had also purchased a water pump pulley that had been replated and looked really nice. He painted it black. Oh well. They are small things compared to having the engine in tip top shape.

Carl

Hi guys,

I went with the coated Motorsport TBC 6 to 1 headers from MSA. They were only $319 which didn't seem like a lot. I also went with the premium exhaust kit as well. I am sticking with the original carbs that are being rebuilt as I cannot afford triple webers at this time. Madkaw, the work is being done as Hash Imports in Fishers off of 37. Mr. Hash, who started the practice usually spends his time doing these kind of projects instead of the routine daily work. It should set me back about 2 grand for the work. I don't know how much more it will be to have them put it in the car and get it road worthy. I have seen him working on an old Ferrari and as I said earlier, he has at least one more 240z waiting.

Carl

Carl - I think you are going to love the MSA exhaust system, the fit and finish is excellent. I purchased the same components and my car just came back alive in the last two weeks after 30 years of being stored. The exhaust really makes the most of the smoothness of the straight 6. Wait till you get it up around 3-4 grand! I don't think you will be disappointed. Our engine rebuild pics could be twins, I'll not try to steal your thunder with a post. Great job!

Jim