IGNORED

VTO Le Mans Wheel.. anybody try these yet?

Zedyone_kenobi

Les, (Classic Datsun Motorsports) and I discussed the possible use of the VTO LeMans wheels on my project, (1972 complete restoration 110 red with white interior of which I am the original owner), last night. My Z had the AR Libres on it when I purchased it in 72. We planned to restore the Libres for the project. We have not made a decision as of yet on the VTO's vs the Libres. The 14" wheels do limit your tire choices. I contacted Hoosier today to see if there "WET" racing tires would be an option. I do like the look of the VTO's but wanted to keep the car as it was originally. My car goes on the rack for re-assembly on Tuesday so we have some time to think about the Tires/Wheels. I also have an early set of Mini Lites in my attic but once again they are 14" limiting tire choice. Les also noted that Adams roadster was running a set of VTO's.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that BRE are also selling these VTO LeMans style wheels for the same price and they come with nice BRE logo center caps http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=bre_datsun_lemans_bregray_wheel&Category_Code=bre_datsun_lemans_wheels. I got one of the first sets in late August (15x7, zero offset) and the Brocks' took some pictures of them on my blue car. I believe they planned to use them their website, or maybe a newsletter, but I haven't seen anything yet. I know they have been busy with other matters since then, so it may not be a high priority right now. Here is a photo I took with my cell photo during their photo shoot and a few more I took afterwards. I plan to use the wheels on my white car after I'm finished putting it back together.

-Mike

post-9102-14150816428927_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150816429403_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150816429826_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150816430244_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150816430661_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150816431077_thumb.jpg

Well after 2 years of sitting on the fence. I have purchased a set of rims for the Datsun. Well 2 of them anyway.I could not get any really good pics, I was limited to the garage since it is finally raining here in Texas!! But I think they look quite amazing. I am running 195/60/15's on them. I may be able to get away with more tire, not sure. But these are a bit lighter than my panasports at the worst they are the same.

I need to get some full profile pictures for Dave Pattern @ FutoFab. I am happy to report that Neither wheel nee

ded an ounce of weight on the balance machine. A testament to both the Bridgestone and the VTO wheel. OR a completely incompetent tire balancer...We will see. Anyway, without further waiting...

6227774406_5cb32b14cf_b.jpg

6227774214_4437c120c3_b.jpg

6227773730_fdee8caa7f_b.jpg

6227773390_a75a4580ef_b.jpg

6227773580_60ab2ef237_b.jpg

I fully realize these pictures suck. But Give me a day or two. I will need to get the car running. I still am missing a vent hose to the evap tank, so the car has no gas in it. I get tired of pushing it around for pics. I will most likely be ordering 2 more wheels. These look amazing.

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

Jerry,

The wheels on the Roadster are 15x7 +18 offset. These look exactly the same as 15x7 +0 offset wheels when veiwed from the front.

All 15x7 VTO wheels start out from the same blanks, the offset is adjusted by machining the correct depth on the hub mounting surface not by using a different casting.